1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Hehe! Those big rats didn't run out of food. They just spotted the "salad bar". I've had 'em walk up 13 steps onto the deck to pluck a
single plant
from amidst a sea of herbs (which they don't like). Rhodies, daffodils, iris', herbs are among the few things they won't eat.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If there ever where deer in our garden, there would be an emotional problem for my wife.

1: she would admire their beauty.
2: she would put both barrels through them if they came anywhere near her roses.
3: how do I persuade "himself" to butcher and cook the carcasses?

There are problems being a Vegetarian and a household of "born again" Carnivores....

regards

ralph

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Nice photos. Definitely white tail.

We have mule deer. Not such an attractive name for these graceful animals. Thankfully they don't seem too interested in flowers, although we haven't been that successful growing anything but Columbines.

At least they aren't elk. Those heavy guys can easily destroy track

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Them's fine eatin', Ralph.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Especially if you have the "Kill Em and Cook Em" cookbook by Ted Nugent. And you thought he only played guitar.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I have 4 of those critters that come and visit me. I put out a bale of hay for them. Pan of Water. and I love to watch them form the back porch. I know they can be trouble and cause damage But I still ethink they are fun to watch. I also have a salt block for them

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Daily event here. But recently, turkeys have shown up. First, a single one on a scouting mission in March of last year, then later up to 23 by fall that will pay no mind to us, our car, dogs, etc.

I did catch a couple closely checking out the smoker.... If they only knew how many of their domesticated family members have spent their last hours on earth in there?

·
Registered
401 Posts
OMG GARRETT!!! YOU COOKED THEM ALIVE!!!??? DISGUSTING!!!

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Works for lobsters afterall!

They were dead and cleaned, their last moments were in there, stuffed full of rosemary and coated in a butter-cognac glaze... Their next moments were then on the table!

The next step is to get some free range ones, as all my boasting redneck buddies that claim to be turkey hunters never seem to produce one for me, nevermind themselves?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts