G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a fantastic day at John's. Beautiful weather and John had his railroad in perfect condition.
George Frank, Dave Young, Bill Courtwright, Tom Burns, Caleb Roberts, Art Gibson, Steve Speck, Tom Hebert, Dennis Cranston and Ed Hume and of course John Frank our host.
There was one other gentleman there and Ive got another moment I connot remember the name.

Any way Ed Hume had his new Climax present. Did not run it because it is not ready to be painted, Needs sealing and we did not press him to run.
I have a short video of part of his explanation of the engine.

Also three videos of the layout with an Accucraft C-16, K-28, 4-4-0, roundhouse SRRL 24 and a Grasshoppper.

I REPLACED THE VIDEO WITH ONE WITH SOME GLENN MILLER MUSIC TO DROWN OUT SOME OF THE TALKING. GUYS WERE HAVING TO MUCH FUN VISITING.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Posted By bjcott on 10/26/2008 9:10 AM
Sniff, missed my first steamup at John's in a long time. John, the layout looks great as always. Art, very nice video.

Funnily enough, I just today unpacked my Konrad and other large scale trains here in Amsterdam. Will start to look for places to steam up soon.

Tot ziens!

Barry

Hi Barry. We missed you too. As you can see the weather was just perfect as it can sometimes be here in Katy. 50's in the morning and around 80 in the afternoon, not a cloud in the sky. No wind. Just georgous. I was really happy to have the layout back in such good shape with my surgery in June and then hurricane Ike it was a mess back in September. Leaves and trash everywhere and stuff grown over the track. But right now we are having some of the best weather I can ever remember. It's like an endless Fall. Right after Hurricane Ike it cooled off rather than getting hot as H like it sometimes does and it has been georgous ever since. I know winter will come some day but we are having a steaming great time right now. Steve is having us over Tuesday so we can keep the steaming going as long as we can. Enjoy Amsterdam. I was there in 1964 so it's been a while.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tAKE A LOOK A THE LONG VIDEO AGAIN. i DID A LITTLE WORK ON IT TO TAKE OUT SOME OF THE BACKGROUND TALKIN AND PUT SOME GLENN MILLER MUSIC IN IT. YOU CANNOT KEEP A BUNCH OF GUYS QUITE TO VIDEO WITHOUT BACKGROUND NOISE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts