G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit over a week ago, spit-&-polish (normally only seen on passenger “varnishâ€�) Rio Grande Southern Mogul #11 (on “leaseâ€� ;) to the Watuppa Railway) was seen racing along the mainline on a special “Priority Freightâ€� assignment â€" /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif

- But what’s that on the flat behind # 11? A container of perishable fruit???
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

- The freight agent notes with satisfaction #11’s arrival at Watuppa station, a bit ahead of the demanding schedule set for the special… :)

- Aha! THAT’S the reason for the special “Priority Freight�!:cool:

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

- Removed from it’s container, the “fruit� is found to have arrived in PERFECT condition! (You might say in “APPLE-pie� order!)./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

(Thought this would be a fun way to say I joined the legions of iPhone 3G owners!)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

- ALL of the photos here (except the 2 external views of the iPhone in a protective silicone jacket) were taken with the iPhone’s 2-megapixel camera, then reduced to standard VGA (640 X 480) resolution for posting here on MLS./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif Here's a few more samples...

If you haven’t had a chance to “play� with one of these yet, this is a TRULY remarkable piece of technology (put’s Mr’ Spocks “Tri-corder� to shame!)./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif I originally thought of posting this under the “Photography� forum, but felt there was enough hoopla about the iPhone (& it lives up to expectations!) to justify posting it here.:D;)

Tom

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi Tom,
Great pics, I have enjoyed looking at them. It is amazing what can be done these days. I guess those passengers will have to snooze a little longer until a passenger train arrives. :D

I have a cell phone which I hardly use as a 'phone, all my Picasaweb Album pics were taken with this cell 'phone. Don't think they are as crisp as your however.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By Tom Lapointe on 07/30/2008 3:02 AM

A bit over a week ago, spit-&-polish (normally only seen on passenger “varnishâ€�) Rio Grande Southern Mogul #11 (on “leaseâ€�  to the Watuppa Railway) was seen racing along the mainline on a special “Priority Freightâ€� assignment â€" 

Great looking mogul. Who built that?

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Ron,

That's the one I thought looked an awful lot like one of the Klodike Mines Ry locos you had pictures of...

Those pictures taken by the phone's camera are really good! I wouldn't have known they weren't done with a Canon digital rebel!!

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By flatracker on 07/30/2008 1:47 PM

I would say it's a Bachmann!:)" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" /> Mine's an ET&WNC model.

I was wondering about that. Great-looking locomotive, indeed. This one would work well for a bar delivery train if I could ever figure out a way to route it to the customers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts