G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I have tried to log into chat I get the loading screen and that's it. Nothing happens after that until I give up and back out of there. The other night I tried again and this time noticed something I hadn't paid attention to before. In the upper left corner of the screen by where the MLS logo is a box drops down for a few seconds. The box reads Ajaxpro Error.

Don't know what's going on and I don't want my friends in the chatroom thinking I'm just being a snob and leaving without saying anything. I don't even know if chat is showing me logging in??

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Mike forgot the /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Steve...try updating your Java interpretter by going to http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp...and removing the MS Java interpretter that came with your computer. I'm a bit confused on how the chat operates...but we've learned that adding the Sun Java and getting rid of the junk MS java interpretter makes things better. On the other hand, Shad has said that AjaxPro errors (we all get them) is due to something in the server fighting with the chat.

When we get the AjaxPro errors..it can mean that you can see the chat...but not be able to enter any posts....or it means you're completely toast. What we've been doing is logging out of MLS and back in...and that fixes it about 90% of the time.

See ya Friday at the BTS...

·
Super Modulator
20,720 Posts
get java from www.java.com .... latest version is 6 update 5 .... there may be older versions, uninstall each of them, also there will probably be an old microsoft one with a similar but different name, deep six that one also.

Regards, Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts