G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good portion of my Emails running through MLS using the "forward" feature to send them to my home Email addy.  I have been waiting for several Emails routed through MLS to arrive but so far they are 'no-shows'.  Did anything change?  Do I need to do anything differant?

PeteH

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Make sure the email address in your profile is good. It's also possible that a spam filter is catching it.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, seems to be working OK now. Is it true the Email will be going away? Say it ain't so!!!!!! I have used the Mylargescale.com Email addy for ALL my contacts for the past several years - I shudder to think of it going away!

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
It WAS to go away and along about December 17th I could no longer log into it. I can't even find a way to get to it at this point. It just aint there anymore. I sent from my MSN address a message to my MLS address earlier this evening (5:00 PM CST) to see if it would forward it to my regular e-mail address... so far no-go. (9:45 PM) But Shad's reply seems to imply it might still be forwarding e-mail.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Yeah, I never got around to making the changes.  Got too involved in getting the new forums online.  It's coming soon though.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh bugger, this is not good. I had planned on moving and will not be able to use my current Email address so I have been using my MyLargescale Email for all my contacts for the past couple years thinking I would be here on MLS for a long time knowing the service was part of my paid membership. I think it only fair to say out load that I am not at all pleased to see this service removed, even more so when you consider it was a service I willingly paid for.

Not so kind regards,
PeteH

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
This change has caused quite a problem for me as I was not aware of this change, now I have to update all my contact e-mails in all the places I am registered (even here), it was also the number one reason for keeping the membership alive, besides the community of course.
Was there a big "WARNING" e-mail sent on this? cause I sure missed it if there was.
I struggle to even think of all the places I have used this e-mail for contact info, as it was my default adress...

Not happy

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
seems like the mails still get trough, (albeit slowly) so I have a chance to change my registrations.

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
seems like the mails still get trough, (albeit slowly) so I have a chance to change my registrations.
In his Dec 4th announcement, Shad said...I realize that there is a handful of you that use your MLS email daily as your regular email address. I am willing to work with you on a case by case basis. Please contact me via email or the feedback form and I will work with you.
You might want to send him a PM and see about keeping your address.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
No, this is my fault exclusively, I have just not kept up with the updates as I should have done.
I do think it would be a good idea for Shad to send an e-mail about this topic, and only this topic, to registered members. This information does get buried in the regular content in the newsletters.
I am aware now and I am in the process of changing e-mails at places I frequent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts