G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am fitting my Bitza loco with 3/32" steam /air lines of 3/32 copper wire. It would great if somebody made an elbow or valve to fit.

Are there any resources for these?

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Plastruct offers architecture model supplies in various scales. You may be able to find their catalog at a drafting and engineering supply store.

Regards, David Meashey

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Yup, after some research I came up with the same conclusion, it looks like a Plastruct solution vs. brass or copper. Good old Walthers carriers their full line.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
I am fitting my Bitza loco with 3/32" steam /air lines of 3/32 copper wire. It would great if somebody made an elbow or valve to fit.

Are there any resources for these?
There are suppliers to people who build their own live steam engines - unfortunately all the links I bookmarked years ago are no longer working.

I have/had a bunch of pipes off an Accucraft C-19 that I backdated and removed all the extra stuff. I'll have a look what is still there. However it is 2mm brass rod, so a bit smaller than yours.

I would also contact Ryan at Triple R Services

http://www.realsteamservices.com/site/
They do a lot of repair work and may have a "bits" box with just what you are looking for!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elbows, valves

I have to go back to the drawing board anyway so 2mm would not be a bad thing.

I see you are in Annapolis, MD. Had a great job there for a couple of years. Commuted from Lorton,VA.
In fact, I was one of founding member of the WVMGR

Write me off forum at [email protected] if you want to part with those 2mm bits.

WES

1 - 5 of 5 Posts