G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shad,

I've noticed an annoying little bug when editig a post. The edit operation removes all the extra line spacing, so it no longer looks like it did when you did the first post.

It's a bit annoying having to go round and re-do the layout.

·
Super Moderator
4,961 Posts
This is a test reply.

This is only a test reply.

Had this been an actual message, it would instruct you to go out and buy your favorite moderator an EBT live steam locomotive. ;) But since it's not, and I have to keep typing to get this text to wrap to the next line so I can try an experiment, we'll just leave it at that. I do agree, the lack of formatting carryover in the editing is a bit of a bummer, but part of this experiment is to see if there's a quick and easy workaround for this.

Later,

K

·
Super Moderator
4,961 Posts
Okay, here's a quick and somewhat easy workaround.

Before hitting "edit," copy your message. Then click "edit," and delete the text in the text box. Paste your original message into the window, and edit the text as needed. Note that when you hit "Preview," none of your formatting will be there. BUT when you hit "submit," it magically reappears!

Caveat - images don't paste. You'll have to re-enter all your images in their proper places. My advice would be to open the edit window in a separate window or tab so you can copy the image URL directly from the original message.

Of course, there's the rather simple alternative--"don't screw up."

Later,

K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts