G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif Just wondering who all is going to ECLSTS and what you are all bringing. 

Brittany

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Brittany
Mike Moore will have his track there and the Akienback Central Live Steamers will be there in force with a wide range of steam engine.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I will be there with a GS-4 and a Cab Forward. If there is any intrest I will bring a 5 car Daylight set, I do not wont to bring it if I would be the only one to use it. Let me know if anyone else would use it so this way we know that there will be a set to use and not everyone who has, need bring.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Bill,
I'd be happy to tow your Daylight set with my coal-fired Shay or either of my Regner bashes, Konrad or Willi. Now those would be prototypical trains!!
Kidding of course, I enjoyed watching you run your locos at Scranton and, despite not having decided what to bring yet, am looking forward to steaming at ECLSTS, my first trip to that show.
I hope there will be some other fellow narrow gauge geared loco live steam fanatics in attendance to use Mike's smaller track as I intend to do.
Have fun,
Tom

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Posted By Tom Bowdler on 03/15/2008 7:28 PM
Bill,
I'd be happy to tow your Daylight set with my coal-fired Shay or either of my Regner bashes, Konrad or Willi. Now those would be prototypical trains!!
Kidding of course, I enjoyed watching you run your locos at Scranton and, despite not having decided what to bring yet, am looking forward to steaming at ECLSTS, my first trip to that show.
I hope there will be some other fellow narrow gauge geared loco live steam fanatics in attendance to use Mike's smaller track as I intend to do.
Have fun,
Tom

Tom,
I hope to be there with one of the Mike Chaney engines (currently undecided) plus a Gordon Watson SPC3 with a brand new Weltyk dual-chime whistle.

Rick

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I'll be there with the usual stuff and maybe some projects.  How's everything go as far as loading/unloading?  Is there time before the show opens (First time attending).

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon with my K-27 and my 7/8ths tram. I look forward to seeing my fellow SAs.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Posted By Tom Bowdler on 03/15/2008 7:28 PM
Bill,
Have fun,
Tom

Is Mike is planning on setting up both tracks? That would be great. I was only expecting on going one day and not trying to get on a track, but if he (you, if you're reading this Mike) is planning on setting up both I might bring something along.   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Dave,
At Scranton Mike told me he would set up his small track as well but the organizers couldn't grant his request for more space so it will be inside his big track, bummer as I like to interact with the public while steaming. Too bad I have to post this at it may encourage others to bring locos to steam on Mike's little track thereby reducing my track time. 8>) Guess I could bring my track but there probably won't be room.
Carl,
Your 7/8ths tram is a hoot! I'm glad others will get a chance to see it.
Rick,
Chaney engines are underrated as far as I'm concerned (proud owner) so maybe I'll bring one or two of mine.
Justin,
Your "stuff" is always interesting and inspirational, looking forward to what you bring.
Looking forward to ECLSTS,
Tom

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Tom, 
I will bring my two engines. :D  I've run on Mikes small track up at Cabin Fever, so Wilma and Mortimer will join the small ones. :)  I agree that it's a shame that there won't be room on the main floor for it, it's not that big. 

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Dan,
We'll have a Regner Fest if I bring my Willi and Konrad bashes. I have to fire my coal-Shay since Jay and Dan didn't get to see it run at Scranton. I'm thinking of entering some things in the contests so live steam will be represented but they must be left in the judging area until 2 hours before the close of the show so they won't be able to be run.
See, Brittany, lots of variety.
Looking forward to steaming and meeting more fellow addicts,
Tom

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Maybe Seadawg, aka Dave, will bring his Willie  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif   That's the Regner Willie, people..........:D 

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be there with my aster "schools".  My accucraft Mimi and maybe my aster lion.  i will be there friday and saturday.  
Hope 2 c you all there.

Brittany

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Posted By Tom Bowdler on 03/17/2008 5:51 PM
Dave,
At Scranton Mike told me he would set up his small track as well but the organizers couldn't grant his request for more space so it will be inside his big track, bummer as I like to interact with the public while steaming. Too bad I have to post this at it may encourage others to bring locos to steam on Mike's little track thereby reducing my track time. 8>) Guess I could bring my track but there probably won't be room.
Carl,
Your 7/8ths tram is a hoot! I'm glad others will get a chance to see it.
Rick,
Chaney engines are underrated as far as I'm concerned (proud owner) so maybe I'll bring one or two of mine.
Justin,
Your "stuff" is always interesting and inspirational, looking forward to what you bring.
Looking forward to ECLSTS,
Tom

What is the radius of Mike's smaller track? I'm wondering what can be run on this track before minimum radius becomes a problem.  Too bad the show organizers could not fit this some where outside the bigger loop. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
The radius of the smaller layout is nominally 4 feet. 

We really can't fault the organizers for not finding the space. They have to fit a lot of layouts in the room with a minimum aisle width. Maybe we will get lucky and one of  the layouts on either side of us won't need quite all the space they asked for.

See you there.

Mike Moore

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Mike,
Will there be a sign up board for your smaller track as well or just "who's next?" as we're accustomed to on your's and my small tracks?
I'm looking forward to my first visit to ECLSTS and showing off my coal shay which is hard to fit into a half hour block.
Driving Thursday afternoon,
Tom

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
All,
Well it was another great weekend of steaming, as always it was a pleaser to steam with you all for one last time. Hope to see you all at a steam-up again sometime soon weather it be on the east coast or west coast. Thank you all for your help and hospitality, these events have helped me learn allot about the hobby and the great people that you can meet in this Hobby! Again thank you all. (especially Mike and John who helped me come home with more in the trunk then I arrived with/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts