G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is one week from the ECLSTS.  

What MLSers are going?  

There have been mentions of "I'll be there" in many many posts, but maybe we should start a new thread so as to not derail all the other ones. 

I put this in here, so maybe folks'll look at it.

I'll start - I am going on Friday and Saturday.  I'll be easily recognizable with my new baby, Luke.  

Maybe without the Guinness.

In years past, we tried to have a 'MLS photo'  with mixed results.  I don't think a booth was rented out for MLS this year, so if you see someone wearing an MLS badge,  make sure to introduce yourself.  That's the easiest way.

Mark

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Hi, Mark - I'll be there Friday and for some of Saturday - you'll be able to find me easily as I'll be doing a seminar at 12:30 on Friday. 

I'll be giving a very basic introduction to the PICAXE microcontroller and bringing along a bunch of the gizmos that I have been working on. 

The blurb for the workshop reads:

"Add interest and excitement to your railway with easy to make electronic circuits.  
Learn how to build & program your own microcontroller operated circuits to operate
lights, switch motors, engines and animations.  An assortment of unique electronic
devices and controls will be presented."

There is sure to be something for everyone.

I hope to see you there.

dave

G

·
Mark I won't be there, but use some of that money I saved you to buy your Luke something! I understand you should receive your new toy soon, maybe today!
cale

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I'll be there Thursday thru the end at Booth #554. We can maybe get a group photo together at my booth if you guys want to. Im setting it up like a U so there should be some room on the inside for a pic

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
My wife and my self will be there fri and stay over night and then sat look for somthing to do or see sat before heading home back to ohio. I figure by fri night we should have bought or spent our money by that time . Will look for you mark and say hi/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
George,

I have just gotten a bib for Luke.  It reads "Lock up your daughters".  I think it'll be a nice compliment to my "Hooters Girls think I'm Hot".  

Mark

G

·
Mark,
i'l be there also, comin just to meet GOERGIE.................../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif I I'L BE THE ONE WITH THE TAG ON HIS CHEST WERE IS GOERGE ./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif
Nick... and yes Goerge i will be there 1st thing too see you so don't hide/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gifi want to say hello in PERSON.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif
Nicky.......

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I'll be there both days to attend some seminars and meet folks.  

I might even look at some trains. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Al

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
We are scheduled to set up the "Timesaver" in the Alcove around 2 or 3pm on Thursday afternoon. Look forward to seeing everyone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll be there on Saturday, Mark. Hey, just to be sure I recognize ya....you should be sure to wear that hat from your picture!
-Chip

·
Registered
938 Posts
PLEASE tell me someone got photos of the new MTH Triplex?!?! Anyone? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif :)

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i saw it, but it didn't take any pics. It looked OK, but the scale is not my cup o tea, so I didn't pay it much attention. You will want to get some buffable paint and redo the Russia Iron, however.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ray,

It was sky blue, as I recall now. I've been studying the paint schemes of late 19th century in preparation for a repaint of a bachmann 4-4-0. It has the same sky blue colored boiler than the triplex seemed to have. From what I have learned in a very short time is that russia iron was more of a dark gray color and highly polished metal.

From what I recall of the MTH triplex, it seemed small. I guess that's because I'm comparing it in my head with a Aristo 2-8-8-2, which would have been about the same size, had they been scaled the same.

Also, while I didn't bother looking at it too much, they had their GG1 on display. The wheels were bright and shiny, which diminished the overall effect of the locomotive. Perhaps it was a preproduction model.

I am glad that it works for you, but I really think MTH has missed the bulk of the large scale market.

MArk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts