G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made tentative plans to attend the ECLSTS at the end of March. I will be in the DC area the week prior. I plan on leaving DC Friday morning and driving up to the show. I'm not sure if I will have a booth at the show yet. I will be contacting Harry within the next week to get some additional info. It's been 4 years since I was out there last. I look forward to meeting up with all our friends on the East Coast again.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hope to see you there!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Hey Shad, let me know if you have any free time while you're in DC. You'd be more than welcome to visit the layout and the school where I work is on spring break that week so I should be around. I may also be working at the B&O museum a couple of those days that week too if you'd like the tour.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My new company has an office in Herndon, right by the airport. My direct boss is actually located there.. So I will end up out that way every other month or so.. I was there just last week in fact..

·
Registered
688 Posts
I wonder if the east coast picture would have as many ugly mugs as that one from out west? :)

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Shad,

I hope to make it to this year's ECLSTS!! Can we do the photo on Saturday? I could make one of those heads on a sick, like Rick Ravely did a few years ago, and Chris can hold it up like I am there!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I am planning on getting down for the show along with some other OVGRS members including MLSer Paul Norton. Likely will only be arounnd on friday.

Regards ... Doug

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I'll be there as usual....up in the layour room with Warrior Run Loco works and their layout....helpin em man the thing....

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Friday is the best day to attend the show if you are looking for bargins by sat most of the good stuff is snapped up. My wife and myself will be there friday along with a dozen or so folks northeast ohio. Hope to get to say hi to the mls folkes

·
Registered
518 Posts
Someone in the States told me that the ECLSTS was one if the best shows to attend. It is unlikely that I will get to either the Spring or the Fall Show however.

But a contact of mine would be able to get me a Showcar when they attend the Show - it would be the NKP one that I would go for - and as there is a second Show maybe I will be able to obtain another NKP car or maybe the Frisco version in the Fall.

Double door boxcars make ideal battery trailing cars I have found. My conact in the States was able to get me the Katy car at the MWLSTS last fall and that is now in use as a battery training car on my RR.

The Show is less than two months away so I hope you guys who are attending have been saving hard.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Posted By yutzk on 02/06/2009 7:44 PM
I'll be there as usual....up in the layour room with Warrior Run Loco works and their layout....helpin em man the thing....

Me, too....

I'll have a lot of my stuff running on Clem's layout. Then, we'll all go a few miles south on Sunday for Roger Cutter's Open House on his fabulous (and newly expanded) RGS East outdoor narrow gauge layout.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By paintjockey on 02/05/2009 8:36 PM
I wonder if the east coast picture would have as many ugly mugs as that one from out west? :)" src="http://www.mylargescale.com/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" align="absMiddle" border="0" />

Who you calling ugly
I 'll have you know I spend hours in front of the mirror admiring how handsom I look for my age

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
JJ,

I applaud your efforts to support the mirror manufacturers!! You are doing your part!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,147 Posts
I'll have a lot of my stuff running on Clem's layout.

Sorry, Jack. This is the year of the EBT. There'll be far too many hoppers and Mikados on Clem's layout to make room for your Dulles and Reston trains.

·
Registered
518 Posts
A note to those who hope to be at the Spring ECLSTS. A list of vendors has been posted on the Aristo Forum today. Any of you guys with cash to spare should have no difficulty parting with it.

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Sounds like Alan needs to turn loose of some of that chuck change and go to a good show and have some fun. Quit drooling and just go. Later RJD
Later RJD

·
Registered
401 Posts
Shad I will be there too with my other half. I just called called USA Trains and confirmed that both Charles Ro and Jr. will definately be there so I have got to meet them! I'm thinking about buying my Hudson from him there if Thomas doesn't make me get him the Triplex lol. In any case It would be great to meet the MLS gang there. You'll see me pretty easily, I'll be the guy with the Conrail attire on hehe! I'm sure Marty will be pretty easy to find as well in his Arito™ Speedos
. Shad are you going to make us some nifty MLS name tags so we can LOL at the LSC name tags?
Chris France, it will be nice to meet you finally if you are there ^^

-Will

1 - 20 of 49 Posts