G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many great layouts, skilled modelers and creative hobbyists were there that ECLSTS 09. Yet, one group showed the judges some of the most impressive modeling work, In particular the best of the show: Mike

Mike enjoying the moment....

Other talents were presented whether it be skill in running their engines or making their engine unque:

Brittany having a fine run showing off her skills with her Aster

Jeff and Alan running the superpower GS4 with a very long and heavy train (approx. 175 lbs)

Ryan with the modified and weathered AC-12

Thanks for Mike Moore for once again setting up his outstanding track.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
It was a kick watching Mike prance around with the purple ribbon on his shirt, a well deserved accolade for a fine modeler and great guy!
Live steamers earned more prizes too. On the turntable is Carl Weaver's first place winning 7/8 scale combine and out of sight to the right is his ribbon-winning dynamite car.
On the left is a little gray live steamer with a white ribbon.
Brittany's correct, it was a great weekend. Mike Moore get's my thanks for both his tracks and his graciousness in letting us play on them.
Have fun,
Tom

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Congrats to Mike! He was smiling so hard yesterday I thought his face was going to break.

I got a chance to see it in operation on Clem's layout at Scranton. A well deserved award for a beautiful model, and it's live steam too!!!!

Best regards,

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like everyone had a good time.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Charles et al.
This looks like a great opportunity to get together
Tomorrow I am off to Staver's in Portland to run trains for the weekend.
My wife still does not totally realize that we bought a new car last year to carry more trains

I was in London on business two weeks ago and went up to the Train museum in York. Saw the A4, King George V and the all new Tornado (A1)

jim

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim
Great that you were able to enjoy some personal time during the most recent trip. The museum along with that wonderful masterpiece Tornado; an excellent opportunity to view the best of steam by the Brits.
Enjoy the steam up and give us an overview!

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Congratulations to the winners! :)

our own Tom Bowdler, (a member here at MLS) won third in the (I think) "kitbashing rolling stock" catagory..
his modified Regner live steamer is visable on the left side of the first photo in this thread.

Tom's Regner Willi:

Scot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts