G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just recently acquired on of the old Echo Classic Rail battery operated train set.
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Echo-Classic...~60_57.JPG

It's a cute little locomotive and I love its proportions. I'm trying to model 1:20.3 (Fn3) scale and I want to use the Echo toy as a base to make a fairly realistic small locomotive out of. I have a few left over parts from an old MPC "General" kit I once had. (Smoke stack, headlight, pilot) This is diffidently going to be a "long Haul" kitbash to be strung out over a period of time. I'd like to alter the toy so that it can be radio controlled like on higher quality large scale models... if it's possible. I've done a lot of small scale kitbashing, but this is going to be my first Gauge 1 build. So I'll probably be asking a lot of questions in the process.

I have yet to receive the set, it should be delivered within the next few days. I'll post photos as I go along (once I figure out how) and perhaps some video also.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey all, Well I finally got the Echo train in the mail today.

Though I could use a little help. I tried to figure out how to disassemble the locomotive with some success, though I did have some difficulty. I was able to remove the body shell, though how can you disassemble the frame? I would like to get a better look at her mechanics and I may possibly upgrade them or even replace them over time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.