G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Does anyone know who is selling the Reno? I wouldn't mind one but I am not sure about buying on Ebay, there seems to be many scams.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
It are strange england he use on post, carefu to buy of him!  I suspice strongly to thems who speak not usual engalnd when sells dearly item like a steam!!! 

Carefuls how to spend money of this, right?

tac in Oregon

www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
That Kriegslok auction just screams "SCAM!", but the Reno looks legit. The fact that the guy has a lot of current feedback on other model railroad items, all of it positive, is definitely a good indication there.  I'm not sure what to think about the Shay though.  The lack of recent feedback is worrying, but the seller did answer a bidder's question about the engine, so I'd take that as a good sign.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Reno looks legit, he sells mostly model trains in his history

BR96 is a sparkie same seller

Shay - seller has not sold anything since 06 BUT has many buying remarks up to the end of dec 07. - the wicks are not even fired yet I assuse it was not like he states.

BR54 seems spooky - in AU but listed as a US seller. No recent sales only purchases. Only wire transfer! limited photos. Maybe asl him to supply additional photos on a specifir part of the engine? Thats how I justtift its lefit, he cant produce the photo it probally a scam. O and no reserve on it?

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I wish you guys would include an eBay number which would make it easier to find.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts

Also, you can access it directly by clicking on the link in the first response.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I have always just typed in -aster trains- and that seems to take me right to everything to do with aster (the trains):) not the cards.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have asked the seller a question re this model but he does not answer, its the same pics as where used last year with a "Sale" offered from Java, looks like a fencing deal to me.

Gordon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts