G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two E-8 noses from Rex at Marty's, had a wacky idea- as usual.Not all parts were there, had to make the bottom part and
interiors along with some windows on the gray one.

So, I put them together:

And, once all trimmed up I painted them. Using a USA motor block for power.

Angle Shot, waiting for lettering now.

Yeah, I'm crazy, but having fun! Blame REX!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Jerry,
Very interesting. Blamed me for that one, Well I am thinking of parting out the full size one. So that would give you a chance to make another one, only biger. Thanks Rex

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Oh Sheeee-ooot! that is just awesome!!!!

I didnt know know E noses were avalaible after market

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
You could always take one cab nose and combine it with 1/2 of an Eggliner to have a whole passenger train, from the locomotive cab to the rear windows of the observation car, all on one truck.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Jerry and all,
Here is a picture of the full extended version. The real E-88 AA. Mite not see it again, I am going to part it out and sell it off as parts or the whole body. Thanks Rex

·
Registered
120 Posts
Posted By Santafe 2343 on 12/07/2008 9:44 PM
Jerry and all,
Here is a picture of the full extended version. The real E-88 AA. Mite not see it again, I am going to part it out and sell it off as parts or the whole body. Thanks Rex

My god - with that center door removed and a couple of scale feet whacked off between the portholes, it would be a dead-ringer for a Victorian Railways B-class.

http://locopage.railpage.org.au/vline/b.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_Railways_B_class_(diesel)

-Kurt

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Wow, intresting idea, but where does the prime mover go ???
I wish I had the time to make it, but the GN had a Electric loco that was involed in a wreck and was rebuilt with 2 FT noses on either end.
Wish I had a pic. to post of it. The loco number was 5011, that I dod remember. It would be fun to sit down and build the loco, electric cantry(sp?) and all then use it as a "booster unit" on a train. It was sooo unique and one of a kind - I seem to be good at building such things :)

Rocky

1 - 20 of 26 Posts