G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,
I saw the following on the Durango Chamber of Commerce site:
Railroad enthusiasts and history buffs worldwide gather for Railfest. Guests have the opportunity to see rare narrow gauge railroad equipment, tour miniature garden railroads, swap memorabilia, and create new memories as they witness railroad history in the making.
I know that in the past (according to an old DVD) there have been garden rr tours associated with Railfest. Does anyone have info on any such tour this year?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark,
Thanks for posting the links. Looks like last year there were no mention of garden rr tours. Maybe this year.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I'm not sure of the status of garden RRs in the Durango area. I know that several people moved away and one or two RRs were destroyed by fire and/or flood. Some decided it was too much hassle. There hasn't been a tour for several years now. I would be surprised if there will be a tour this year. Too bad, there were some really nice RRs.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
placitassteam,
I saw the video from the LGB convention there several years ago and there were some nice rrs there. I had hoped to see a few this year at railfest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts