G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The video shows a 'Kingscale' G3 gas fired Princess Coronation class.
These exclusive models are easy to steam and with their large capacity for holding gas and water need minimum attention once pressure has been raised. This particular model also includes Radio Control making for non stop runs.
Gauge 3 stock runs on a track gauge of 63.5mm so it is relatively easy to lay an additional rail on the outside of your present 1 gauge (45mm)
It is a while since I spoke to the dealer base in the UK but I understand that two or three were available
It might be worth while asking for a brochure from either [email protected] or alternatively from [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great video and one of my favorite locomotives from the last great age of steam. Gauge 3 is tempting but I am trying to resist. How much does this weigh?

Robert

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Robert, I don't know the exact weight but its pretty heavy This isn't helped due to keeping the engine coupled to the tender. You don't want the trouble of having to connect the gas/water/bypass return/RC every time you run.
I have an aluminium carrying tray with handles and an opening/closing flap at one end. Its then just pushed on to the track
I have been on the forum for many years (main131) but because I changed to this present email address for some reason I'm now back to number one. Maybe that's a promotion?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts