G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is possible to have 45/32mm gauge, and independent adjustable eccentrics on Accucraft British piston valve engines. Just cut some off the inside of the drivers, make new eccentric mounts (5mm wide), and trim the valve bellcrank bushings.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Dave converted my Edrig from a single eccentric to a dual eccentrics engine as shown above. Yesterday was the first opportunity to try out the new system.
I love it. She runs so smoothly in both directions that she is a pure joy to operate. Has lots of power. I rand her for two hours (one hour in each direction) and serviced her four times. So I am getting about 30 minutes per run. WOW.
Thanks Dave. Great job.
Noel

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear she's running well Noel!

Kurt,

I sent my info via email.

Here's my living room. You only get one guess who inspired this. One thing I did different is I had the floor done in industrial tile. And I recently installed DROs on my mill.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wow, Dave, that is one very impressive setup! Could you give us some details on the individual machines?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Now that is what I call a LIVING ROOM!!!!!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I can see the TV from the work area. The lathe is a Logan 11X24 built in 1960. The mill is a Grizzly G3102 with Grizzly 3 axis DROs. The air compressor is an Eagle cast iron wet sump V-twin 110vac single stage. The band saw is a cheap piece crap. In the lower right of the picture you can see a "Danny" who was an injured stray tom cat I found in the barn. The vet had to amputate his left hind leg to save his life. He tries to help working on steam engines, but he has a lot to learn. Remember. a black cat crossing your path is a sign the animal is going somewhere.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Must be a great cat with a name like that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts