G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast double heading my Mikado with Ron Senek's at Marty's this weekend. We used one controller and it worked out real well.

Above is the Mikes on Rodney's elevated track he brought. Dave Hottman's Accucraft is getting passed. Ron Senek(beard) is looking on as Ron Teten mans the TE.

We ran up on the high line also, two Mikes could haul the cars up the grade very well!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Jerry
The Aristo Mike's found the rails to be very friendly. I had hope that the new Accucraft engine would had been on the clip, thanks for the footage.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr East Broad Top(not sure of your real name:)
Double click on the arrow in the above video link, that will take you to the youTube web site, where the video is at. There, you will see the blue lettering right under the volume icon. Click on that and you will see it in higher quality, not too bad even on full screen. If that does not work for you , you can paste this in and follow those directions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ards0Vjolf8

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Jerry,
I see what you are saying, but my video's don't show that option. What type of video download are you feeding to youTube? MPEG, AVI??? And at what kbs if you know.
Also, EBT is Kevin Strong.

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Sorry, let me clarify--I was wondering the tricks involved in posting to YouTube so that "high quality" is an option once the file is uploaded. I get the playback just fine, which is what prompted the question. Best as I can ascertain from reading the YouTube forums, it seems to be random, based on the file size and resolution of the uploaded clip. Leastwise, when I uploaded my latest video, it gave me no such option for high or normal quality, prompting my change to Vimeo instead, as the quality seemed to be better. (There are other issues, due to Vimeo playing back progressive instead of interlaced, but that's another story.)

Later,

K (Kevin Strong)

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kevin,
The last two I uploaded, I used a higher resolution upload on my Quicktime. You can choose 3 levels, I"ve done medium in the past, they don't look real bad, but not real good. Files show .mov at the end. The last two were shorter, so did them at higher resolution. Still takes a long time to upload, but my supposedly 'fast' connection here is pretty slow! I guess youTube decides whether to give the higher rez option. Ain't 'putrers fun?

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Kevin and Jerry,
  I posted this answer last night, but now see it is missing.  Don't know what happened, but here it is again.

Yesterday I did a test with a small video.  I saved the video using Microsoft Movie Maker a four different settings, then uploaded them to YouTube.  Only one of the four videos got the 'view at high resolution' option when viewing.  That was the video that was saved at the highest video setting available.  The 1 minute 3 second video ended up over 16MB in size.  The final settings were as follows:
File type  .MWV
Bit rate   2.1 mbps
Display size   640 x 480
Aspect ratio   4:3
Frames per sec   30

The other three video's that were of lower quality did not get the HQ option on playback. The problem I see is if a 1 minute video is 16MB, then the movies I post that are between 6 and 10 minutes will take a very long time to upload.  

I know that you guys use Mac's, but I hope this information will help answer your question Kevin. 

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Jerry looks like all worked out. Maybe next time we will get all three going. Later RJD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts