G Scale Model Train Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Thats why I came out of the closet and admitted to being a "garden railroader" and started having open houses and got onto MLS.
Boy Marty.. You his the nail on the head as same here, but country living out here is slowly getting closed in a bit. :cool:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Do I get lonely, yes, but prefer to be alone unless its with another on the spectrum that shares my interest in trains. All the others I have tried to be friends with do not last as we are unable to communicate on the same level. That being said, trains make a great solitary hobby if you want them to be! Mike

·
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I just ran across this old topic of mine from 10 years ago and it occurred to me that with COVID 19 there is a new reason to ask if we are out of touch with fellow hobbiests?

Alternatively it may be simply us getting older or the lack of railroads directly impacting our lives.

I often go weeks at a time without running a train and seldom go anywhere. It’s not a problem - just different.

Opinions?

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Jerry, I prefer to be alone, well just me and the dog so this COVID lock down really has made no change in my life. Take care of the house and Play Trains when ever I please. Mostly like to build'modify trains or accessories. I run weather permitting and have a few Email contacts I 'talk' to regularly. Simple and easy life, especially since retiring 4 years ago. Hope to do this for a very long time.

·
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I'm fine alone, not too big on meetings or very many people. Used to get nervous at Marty's. I run quite a bit, like to sit out on the deck, I call it 'silence and sun'. Sometimes I turn on the sound, but fine without it.
Hi Jerry,

I miss Marty’s but don’t travel anymore.

I hope you are well.

Jerry

41 - 49 of 49 Posts