G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't know how it can be the Eyeshudmowsoon Jungle, cuz I cain't see anything that requires mowing./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

:mad:Wonder if there is any track under that stuff.:mad:/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
That's a lot of snow, Charles!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif  Pretty to look at from very far away!  I wouldn't want to live in it!!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Becky

·
Registered
11 Posts
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif OMG! Look at the windmill in the top shot. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had just finished shoveling the front walk and driveway entrance and after I took my coat off I went out back to take photos.  Yes, the wind was fierce, but even with the temperature at around 28 deg (F) it was not that bad out there.  I took about 20 photos and each photo on my dumb camera takes about 30 seconds to save, so I was out there for at least 10 minutes, not counting the time to walk around and aim! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Didn't your mother teach you to put your coat on when you go out?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Seeing as the operations have come to a screeching halt, perhaps it is time for a new edition of Transportation Weakly?

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 02/17/2008 5:06 PM
Well, I don't know how it can be the Eyeshudmowsoon Jungle, cuz I cain't see anything that requires mowing.

Wonder if there is any track under that stuff.

That's how my line appears from mid-October until mid-April when the snow finally begins to melts and it is warm enough to actually do something out there!   I imagine yours will emerge in relatively short order, but I still have a bit of a wait. It is nice to see that some of you down there are getting a good dose of something resembling real winter, but I sure understand the frustrations that accompany it as a fellow LS enthusiast.
View of the loop area last week buried under about a foot of snow

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We sometimes have more snow on the ground at one time and sometimes we have really cold temps, but this winter the cold has stayed around longer than usual and the snow has not melted off after a couple of weeks. I suspect we will be having some tough flooding this spring in the Mississippi valley, and I fear it will be bad for some folk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts