G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Just to put the cat amongst the pidgeons,  I always wear a white shirt. 
Even at home I wear my white shirt, it is part and parcel of my uniform.
  Sure I get some dirt and other stuff on them but haven't you heard of washing them?   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif
You have to know how to wear a white shirt and not get it dirty, it is a special trait that is learned over a long period of time.  ;)

It is only in the last six months that I have deemed to wear another colour shirt and that is under duress from my fellow club members, me wearing a green/yellow shirt is only done at Club displays.
Thus I vote for a white shirt.
OK I've had my say so I'll just duck behind this tree and let the flak go by.  :cool:

· Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Posted By Shaylover on 02/27/2008 9:00 PM
Just to put the cat amongst the pidgeons,  I always wear a white shirt. 
Even at home I wear my white shirt, it is part and parcel of my uniform.
  Sure I get some dirt and other stuff on them but haven't you heard of washing them?   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif
You have to know how to wear a white shirt and not get it dirty, it is a special trait that is learned over a long period of time.  ;)

It is only in the last six months that I have deemed to wear another colour shirt and that is under duress from my fellow club members, me wearing a green/yellow shirt is only done at Club displays.
Thus I vote for a white shirt.
OK I've had my say so I'll just duck behind this tree and let the flak go by.  :cool:

Since I used to run EVERY Sunday afternoon, all of my "Sunday-go-ta-meetin'" shirts have small badges of honor showing my passion for live steam./Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif I have yet to find a detergent that will remove them without also removing the threads of the cloth in the immediate vicinity of the stain./Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/embaressed_smile.gif

BTW, are you presently wearing a white shirt whilst you are hiding behind that tree? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Posted By CapeCodSteam on 02/27/2008 4:42 PM
I'm still in. What great leadership qualities you possess Dwight :D

Maybe I should be on the ticket eh?? 
  Sorry if I came across stern or cross.  It's just that I'm trying to get something done and I've been there, done that as far as the debate thing goes more times than I care to remember.  :D  I'd last about 5 seconds or less in public office, that's for durn sure!!  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

· TDY to Earth
1,500 Posts
Dwight

Why don't we make it simple ? Just make ALL the shirts alike (except for size). Just put Dave Hottman's name and SA # on all of them.

This whole SA thing started because people thought Dave's original shirt was cool.

Let's all just BE Dave H.

Sorry, I couldn't resist afer all the wasted bandwidth. I just had to add some more of the same.

Glad to see Mr. Scott is still posting, I thought maybe he had drowned in a Napa Valley wine vat some where.

Cheers

Jim

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Glad to see Mr. Scott is still posting, I thought maybe he had drowned in a Napa Valley wine vat some where.
As Dr. McCoy once said, "God Forbid alcohol ever touch those mathematically perfect brain cells!"  ;)  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

(BTW, Chris and I are friends, so this isn't a personal attack).

· Premium Member
3,000 Posts
I asked Dwight if we had permission to use the Fantasonics pressure gauge..officially we dont.
(not because the Fantasonics guy said no..I dont think anyone has ever asked! ;)

so to make things simple, I made our own MLS pressure gauge!

Here are a two versions:

And here are links to the full-size versions, for use with shirts and etc.

gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos/MLS-steamaholics-pressuregauge-fullsize01.gif

gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos/MLS-steamaholics-pressuregauge-fullsize02.gif

Scot

· Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Posted By Dr Rivet on 02/27/2008 10:10 PM
Dwight

Why don't we make it simple ? Just make ALL the shirts alike (except for size). Just put Dave Hottman's name and SA # on all of them.

This whole SA thing started because people thought Dave's original shirt was cool.

Let's all just BE Dave H.

Sorry, I couldn't resist afer all the wasted bandwidth. I just had to add some more of the same.

Cheers

Jim

Jim:
We're still here in Sonoma, CA, where we grow grapes and make great wines.   Napa is for auto parts - it's a local bit of neighborly humor. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Like your idea of D. Hottmann T-shirts, they all should say, "I'm the real Steamaholic Dave Hottmann"!  OWTTE

Dwight, 
Sorry if you don't like opinions and 2 cent suggestions, what did you expect posting anything here?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

I could only be interested in a shirt if it's made from 100% natural material; Cotton, Wool, Hemp, etc.:cool:

· Premium Member
121 Posts
Posted By Dwight Ennis on 02/27/2008 9:37 PM
Posted By CapeCodSteam on 02/27/2008 4:42 PM
I'm still in. What great leadership qualities you possess Dwight :D

:D  I'd last about 5 seconds or less in public office, that's for durn sure!!  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif
You'd never get elected Dwight!  You could never convince them that you didn't inhale...............Steam Vapors, that is/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

· Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Posted By Dwight Ennis on 02/27/2008 11:08 PM
As Dr. McCoy once said, "God Forbid alcohol ever touch those mathematically perfect brain cells!"  ;)  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

(BTW, Chris and I are friends, so this isn't a personal attack).

Now Dwight,
You know I don't drink, I'm still a virgin and I never lie./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

· Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Posted By Scottychaos on 02/28/2008 6:37 AM

I asked Dwight if we had permission to use the Fantasonics pressure gauge..officially we dont.
(not because the Fantasonics guy said no..I dont think anyone has ever asked!
so to make things simple, I made our own MLS pressure gauge!

Here are a two versions:

Scot

Could we have the option of our gauge in BAR, Pa, Atm, TORR, etc. ? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

Oh yeah, our resident AS, Steve S., is gonna want his gauge marked in ASTERs; 1As, 2As, 3As, etc./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

· Premium Member
844 Posts
What is this? I come back and discussion has digressed to drinking, sex, hemp and inhaling? *checks his watch* Is it 4:20 already? 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. If you have to ask, I can't explain. For the record, I'm the parent of two 18 yr boys.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

Kent SA# 4468
LNER Mallard

· TDY to Earth
1,500 Posts
Chris

When you are as close to Washington DC as I am, Sonoma vs Napa has no meaning; it is west of Nevada. Geography has real no meaning. It is north or south of the Mason-Dixon line; it is east or west of the Mississippi River, or it is inside or outside the Beltway (the I-95/I-495 interstate that is around DC); or it is in my district/state. That is ALL that counts around these parts.

In my case, I am not a wine CONOZIER, so it has no personal meaning. All I know is there is NO Sonoma Wine Train. That's all I need to know. They probably wouldn't serve me Black Jack and Cokeor on the wine train.

I have reconsidered my suggestion about the shirt. It should say "I am NOT Dave Hottman" in recognition (and honor) of the fact there will only ever be ONE ( naming of progeny not withstanding ) Dave Hottman.

Cheers

Jim

· TDY to Earth
1,500 Posts
Alan

Did you follow the instructions on page one of this topic and go to the POLL? That's where the counting takes place. Don't make Dwight keep a running total on his shirt sleeve.

Rant, rant, bitch, bitch, whine, whine. It's MY YOOB MAN!!

Too much cement dust in your lungs!? You need some steam to clear your head.

Cheers

Jim

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.