G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and myself just got back from a trip to tennessee where we were lucky enough to get a tour of the doe river gorge by mark milbourne. The track only goes for 2.5 miles but what a 2.5 miles. The closest other train ride that gives you the type of scenery is the durango& silverton. Plus mark gives you a personal tour. This is a must see trip.We rode on a open air speeder. Here are a few pictures of our ride. The pictures do not show the beauty of the area.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By pete on 08/13/2008 3:51 PM

My wife and myself just got back from a trip to tennessee where we were lucky enough to get a tour of the doe river gorge by mark milbourne. The track only goes for 2.5 miles but what a 2.5 miles. The closest other train ride that gives you the type of scenery is the durango& silverton. Plus mark gives you a personal tour. This is a must see trip.We rode on a open air speeder. Here are a few pictures of our ride. The pictures do not show the beauty of the area.

Those are some fascinating and compelling pictures. I'd like to know more about what I am seeing here.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doe river gorge is located in north east tenneesse close to johnston city. If you are interested in going on a ride you need to contact Mark Milbourne at 1-423-725-4010 ext324 or email [email protected] The track only runs 2.5 miles but what you get to see is unreal our pictures do not do it justice you pass through two tunnels and the doe river is about two or three hundred feet below and the top of the gorge is about three or four hundred feet above totally AWESOME. Here are a few more pictures. If you have any more questions ask and i will try to answer them.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts