G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ever brought an engine to Aristo at a train show instead of mailing it to them. The engine is only seven months old and still under warranty. It appears to be a bad regulator which took out the circuit board which controls the headlight and marker lights. I was just trying to save shipping charges. I know MTH fixes their o guage trains at york while you wait. This is my first G scale show and don't want to bring the engine if they wouldn't take it.

·
Super Modulator
21,049 Posts
You would need them to come to the show with the board.

Normally they do not do this, but if you want it to happen, call Aristo, ask for Navin... do not talk to anyone else. If he's not available, call back later, do NOT expect a return call.

When you get hold of Navin, see if he will be at the show, and if he could help you out at the show.

There's a lot behind the few sentences I wrote above, so just trust me.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
My suggestion would be to do it the accepted way.
Contact Aristo and get authorization to mail it to them.

At a show the would not have the ability to repair as they pretty much display their stock and make a presence there.

Save yourself the effort and do not even bother bringing it with you.
Then you will have more room to bring purchased items back with you.

Tom

·
Super Modulator
21,049 Posts
Just to give my experience: Navin has repaired locos at shows numerous times.

But to reinforce what I said, which might not have been appreciated: "you need to set it up with them first".

I did not even imply that you should bring it if this is not done.

With respect to the originator of the thread, if he asks the question, I give him the benefit of the doubt that he has his reasons for wanting to do it this way. Shipping costs are one reason I could agree with.

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I did e-mail them and will try to contact Navin on the phone. If not i'll just mail it in. I was not entirely sure what to expect at one of these shows. I was just really trying to speed up the turn around time. There are not that many good days left in the year to run trains and I have custom painted some passenger cars and wanted to show them off at our Nov. club meeting.

G

·
...and I have custom painted some passenger cars and wanted to show them off at our Nov. club meeting.

why not show them off here in the forum first? everybody likes pics.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I have seen navin do small repairs. I don't think its always best and the place to exspect major repairs without all his tools.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Navin has repaired competitor's displays at shows. He's a marvel. You want the short Indian guy at the Aristo booth with the accent.

Otherwise, there'll be lots of experts there, and any would be delighted help you out. I don't think Aristo will be equipped for taking things back. If it's truly a regulator, the worst it could need is a trip to Radio Shack for a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts