G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Must be that global warming.

Here in the Houston - Galveston area we broke a record for the earlist snow. There was enough snow on the ground for the kids to make some pretty good snow men. You see the effects of the global warming as the day warms up and the snow melts.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
snowing? Then the temps get up to 70 during the day. Snow was invented to provide jobs for tow truck drivers and owners of body shops.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you noticed that the term Global Warming has been changed by the Greens to Climate Change?
Brrrr. it sure is cold!
Maybe we should be getting ready for the next Ice Age.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
changed by the Greens to Climate Change

Excuse me. It was our dear, departing friend Mr Bush and his allies who refused to call it "global warming". He's the idiot clever chap who made everyone call it 'climate change'!

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Now, now Pete,,,,

I've said all along.... regardless of what you call it... the biggest problem... four billion people cause more problems than 3 billion people to the earth's environment. The people on earth are over-populating themselves out of a place to live.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Back in the late 60's or early 70's I remember reading one of those oddball "filler" articles in the newspaper, in the middle of a long Summer hot spell, with the headline:

"Scientists say the earth is still warming after the last Ice Age"

Then that winter, in the middle of a long cold spell, there was another article with the headline:

"Scientists say the earth is on the road to the next Ice Age"

The following Summer was an article with the same headline as the one the Summer before, and in the middle of the next Winter was a repeat of the second headline.

It took me a while to recognize the dichotomy, but I did manage to cut out the article one Summer and taped it to the back wall of the closet (silly place to put it, but it kept it available if/when I saw a contradictory article again). Sure enough, the next Winter I cut out the next article and taped it next to the first one. I managed to get 5 articles taped there before my wife cleaned the closet and I lost them all (she thought it was even sillier than you do).

We, as a species, have a strong tendency to see only OUR immediate situation to draw OUR conclusions and will follow after whoever claims to have the fix for what OUR conclusions are, regardless of history or the situations of others.

Do "I" think the climate is changing? Yes, I do.
Do "I" think it is changing because of human activity? Yes, I do.
Do "I" think we CAN do something to effect this change? Yes, I do.
Do "I" think we CAN change it for the better? Yes, I do.
Do "I" think we WILL? No, I don't. YOUR fix, doesn't fit MY conclusions.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Global warming Ha just afother money maker for Al gGore. Just like the rest of the politicians. cold as heck here in Ga more than ever before for this time of year. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Global warming Ha just afother money maker for Al gGore. Just like the rest of the politicians. cold as heck here in Ga more than ever before for this time of year. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Be careful running live steam... adding all that vapor to the atmosphere is bound to add more snow on the ground. I mean if eating a 1/2 ounce cookie causes me to gain a couple of pounds in weight, then boiling away a gallon of water is bound to add a couple of inches of snow over a whole city!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts