G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I'd recommend the faster SD card! It appears to me that the bigger capacity are faster. The 4-Gig one I have is MUCH faster than the 1st one I bought which was, I think, a 16-Meg or 32-meg. And the cost differential over the 5 or so years between the purchase of the 1st one vs the latest one almost a square-root! The 1st one was about $60 and the last one was only $20.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I bit the bullet, and ordered the SD880! With a 4GB memory card it ended up costing me $260, but the wider angle and ability to do manual adjustments makes it worth the extra dough, IMHO.

Oh, and I was mistaken about it not doing video. It does, up to 640 x 480 VGA.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It'll sure be nice to not waste time and money shooting whole rolls of film, only to discover that the exposure isn't quite right or something. I'm REALLY looking forward to being able to see and review the image immediately so corrections can be made as needed. And no more waiting to use up a roll before I can get the pics at the beginning of the roll.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.