G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are more choices in 1/29 or G as a whole these days than ever before but since it is so close to Christmas and evryone has got wish lists here are a few diesels I'd like to eventually see in 1/29:

The Short List:

Alco RS11
Alco C420
GE 70 Tonner
more high hood units in any model

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Greg,
I agree with you on the Sharknose E1's. I would also like to see a BL2, F7, FL9, E8B, and BL2. Lastly mounting kits for sound systems. We shouldn't have to use double sticky tape, bubble gum, RTV and whatever else is sticky to mount speakers and boards.
LAO.

·
Super Modulator
21,053 Posts
Good point on the mounting Larry. No reason that a few posts with screw holes could not be molded around the speaker opening. For sound units, at least a flat place, non-metallic, where you could at least drill some holes for screws.

Another loco might be an accurate model of the Alco that LGB made, anything distinctive would be welcome.

Regards, Greg

·
Vendor
3,322 Posts
Posted By Greg Elmassian on 12/25/2008 8:12 AM
Good point on the mounting Larry. No reason that a few posts with screw holes could not be molded around the speaker opening. For sound units, at least a flat place, non-metallic, where you could at least drill some holes for screws.
Regards, Greg

Greg, I couldn't agree more. I've been touting desire for mounting holes in the boards for some time as I've had a number of double face tape and velco installations let go in the heat of the Arizona sun. One solution I've tried is to use wire ties around the boards to secure them in addition to the tape or Velcro.

Another "fix" is to use 3 or 4 flathead or pan head screws at the edges of the board as a "friction" hold. Generally 2 on one side and 1 or two on the other. A spacer of styrene and/or double faced tape is used under the board.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I know it,s not a diesel but i would like to see a shay in 1/29 scale so i can run it on our r1 curves.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I'd like to see an Alco RSD-15, the Gators. That would also give us a supply of the uneven spaced Alco trucks for other engines using those trucks that could be bashed and built. Jake

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I would like to see more in 1/29! * GE 70 tonner ( I'd buy a few)
* Alco RS-1 ( New Haven Orange/Green I'd buy a few)

Lownote I didn't know anything about the Aristo sw-1. Are there any details about release or any pictures of the unit?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Conrail SD80MAC and UP SD9043AC (same body), but I strongly commend USA Trains for the SD70MAC, I swore we wouldn't see that one for a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I really have no specific need of any model of loco that isn't already in production..

I'd just like to see more of what's already available in Illinois Central / Illinois Central Gulf paint.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Well Greg you got the wrong definition of Shark nose as this loco was produced by FM Loco works and is a really a unique engine. Yours is move of a shovel nose loco. Now the Shark noes would be neat. I also would like to see some FM baby trainmasters. These are cool also. Some Centrey 630 locos would also be great. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And from what's currently available I got a nice big blue Boston and Maine GP40 for Christmas! QSI, G Wire, battery coming next week. Now I'll need the OTHER road number to double head.....

Nate

1 - 20 of 32 Posts