G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey, the paint and texturing came out quite nice. Rust streaks and stain spots on box lids are a nice effect.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I also have one of these still sitting in the box though. The work you've done on yours certainly provides motivation to get something done with it.
You have a really good looking piece of equipment here...well done and thanks for sharing.
Cheers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. I've heard about the Dr. Ben's stuff. Have you used it in conjunction with acrylic paint washes?

Later,

K
ive had nothing but positive experience with those products... the "realistic rust" however is very orange out of the jar, has to be mixed a bit with some of the darker. ive tried many techniques, this product thinned with alcohol is by far the easiest and it doesn't come off in your hands when dry. I haven't had the need to seal it in with dullcote either. for trucks , they have an aged rust that is spot on. simply wash the whole thing with brush and you are pretty much done. and the larger jars help out with g scale since you use more. I use acrylics for the more detailed oils stains / rust pitting etc

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great Job DOmer 94. I am also a domer-56-old one. Go Irish
unfortunately wrong dome... im Ft Schuyler maritime college. also affectionatly reffered to in circles as "domers" due to a large telescope observatory on top of the fort

1 - 12 of 12 Posts