G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
The PLS property got severely flooded and damaged during the storm, so as Pete mentioned, no trains will be running and it's all hands on deck to get the place cleaned up. They still did not have electricity last I've heard, but maybe that has changed.

A report from Mike Moore yesterday:
Barb and I made it up to the club this afternoon. The club was hit pretty hard. The water was 3 feet deep in the clubhouse, 18" deep in the 1"storage building, and over the second level in the locomotive storage building. The gauge 1 shed was completely under water and everything inside drowned. Both the 1" and 1 1/2" main lines are washed out in places. The electricity is out so there is no water.Both porta-johns floated and landed on their sides. All the wooden picnic tables floated up to the clubhouse.

The meet is canceled.

Rich Poletto and I got everything out of the gauge one shed to start to dry it out. Hopefully we will get electricity back and can wash out the shed and wash off the track.
It's such a downer that this happened right before the meet, just added insult to injury on top of all the work that has to happen.

-Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts