G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just fitted adecoder to my lgb f7a.
While testing it out I hooked up my f7b sound unit to the f7a on the track. The sound unit worked fine for about a minute then stoped produceing sound. I was under the impression that you could use the f7b with out a decoder on a dcc powered track.
Did I destroy the f7b?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Bill-

Connect the F7A+B units. While on the MTS track, press the F8 button on the remote.

You may have accidentally turned off the sound unit. F8 toggles the sound on/off.

Good luck!

Best regards,
Bob

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems to have self repaired. I am using a MRC prodigy advance with a digitrax538 chip in the F7a. I am not sure which combination of keys would give me the mute on the F7b sound as it is not controlled by a dcc chip directly. Any insite is greatly apreciated

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Hi Bill-

Try this button sequence...
F1...pause for 0.8 seconds,
F1...wait for 0.8 seconds...
the sound should toggle on/off

That is 8 F1 button presses, each separated by 0.8 seconds. If you get a different sound response from the B unit, try again, but decrease the pause time to about 0.5 seconds.

The pause between presses can vary a bit, but it cannot be greater than about 1.0 seconds. To toggle the sound again, repeat the same procedure.

You might also try pressing F8, but depending upon the installed electronics, it may not work.

Good luck.

Best regards,
Bob

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By rwbrashear on 09/12/2008 6:38 AM
Hi Bill-
Try this button sequence...
F1...wait for 0.8 seconds...
the sound should toggle on/off
That is 8 F1 button presses, each separated by 0.8 seconds. If you get a different sound response from the B unit, try again, but decrease the pause time to about 0.5 seconds.
The pause between presses can vary a bit, but it cannot be greater than about 1.0 seconds. To toggle the sound again, repeat the same procedure.
You might also try pressing F8, but depending upon the installed electronics, it may not work.
Good luck.
Best regards,
Bob

I have always felt that companies do not pay their "packaging designers" enough money... if they did then the package designers would be able to afford the products that they are designing packaging for would be a better package because then they would know how bad their designs really are.

But THIS is rediculous! A user has to press a button EIGHT times with precisely 0.8 seconds between them... NOT 0.5 seconds and NOT 1.0 seconds! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif WHO in any sort of right mind would think that the masses of the public would be able to do this with any sort of regularity!

I now understand why there are so many threads by folk that cannot get their remote controls to work! I could never figure that out... now I know... the manufacturers don't pay their designers enough to be able to afford the product to see how they are used!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Hello-

You wrote:
WHO in any sort of right mind would think that the masses of the public would be able to do this with any sort of regularity!

Well, Heinz Koopmann for one. :D

Best regards,
Bob

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all. What combo would give a horn sound and the bell? any other comb F1 pushes?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Hi Bill-

Repeat the F1/pause sequence the appropriate number of times shown below

1: Horn signal "level crossing" (2 short blasts, 1 long blast, 1 short blast)
2: Brake application
3: Bell
4: Announcement: "Highball, John!"
5: Alarm bell
6: Diesel motor off/on
7: Brake pressure release
8: Sound off/on

Best regards,
Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts