G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try, when I  can, to watch Tracks Ahead on PBS. It airs on Saturday afternoons around here. Yesterday they aired the episode that featured the Palo Verde & Southwestern Railroad of Dennis Sirrine in Arizona.  HOLY CRAP !!!

Over 4000 feet of track. A purpous built garage to house rolling stock... and the kicker for me... over HALF A MILLION DOLLARS invested already.. 

I duno what he does for a living but sign me up.. 

They also mentioned that it was only the third largest garden railroad in the states.. What are the other two then? Marty, where does the NTCGRR fall in the line? 

Anyone else see this episode? Your thoughts? 
I'm sorry I'm not goiong to make it to the NGRC now... I'd like to see that one firsthand.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Rumor has it  he  made money  Diego CA.   Then moved over here and made some more  of it.:D.    He  now owens a resturant and is  the  chef.   The name of the resturant is   RANCHO DE  TIA ROSA.   He does have good food. 

If you come  to the  Convention you can see his layout.    It is something to see.    1 11/3 acer and it  is  all raised.   There are  big steel  cross over bridges ( for the vistors to walk on ) to get around the layout.

Last year  he  had a  Buffet  dinner  for the   EAGLE WINGS IRON CRAFT  open house.   It was  great.   ( I didn't win any of the raffels,  seems some one from Califoria  took it all home/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif)   ( Always a best man never a husband./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif)

I cant wait to go see it again.    I remeber he did some things that I would like to try.   I need to take pcitures.

If you come to the covention   this is   a  DONT MISS  item.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Yep saw it Dave. Tivo that show every Sat. If you can get a copy of 2007 Eaglewings Garden Tour in their bonus disc it show that layout. Lots of concrete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts