G Scale Model Train Forum banner

DIAMONDHEAD

17K views 63 replies 33 participants last post by  scottemcdonald 
#1 ·
Hello,Diamondhead is right around the corner.WE Mary and I are Leaving Saturday Morning.And I Thing that all of The Michigan Steamers are leaving the same Day.Jerry is having a breakfast at 8 am Monday For the Track Set up crew,We will start setting it up as fast as it gets there.
IF YOU ARE FLYING ,DRIVING,OR going by Horse drawn Cart.Have a Safe Trip.If Driving and You Get Tried Pull over and take a brake.You will get there.Don't want to damage a Engine............
SEE ALL SOON,TRAVEL SAFE .And have a good trip.
BOB IN MICHIGAN:)

#52 ·
Posted By Charles on 01/21/2008 5:28 PM
DH 09 is projected as the finale for this international gathering?

Charles, that was the rumor early on, however I believe Jerry said later he would host the meeting as long as he was able.  That is all I know.  Perhaps someone can email him and get clarifcation.

John

#53 ·
"DH 09 is projected as the finale for this international gathering?"

Charles, too early to tell, but I don't think so.  I was told that Jerry has had an offer from one of the local steamers who will be retireing in less than two years to give him whatever help he needed, and/or take over operations if and when Jerry decides he has had enough of this fun.  Don't know how that will pan out, but gives great hope that Diamondhead will continue as long as the people want for it to happen.  And from what I heard this past week, nobody is near ready to call it quits.  Heck, by next year the hotel may have the new rooms open!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif

#54 ·
I would just like to say thanks to everyone that made my trip the DH so enjoyable. It was another great week of playing trains, meeting and making friends.

Special thanks to Jerry Reshew, not only did he organise the whole event again, he lent me his brand new Garratt engine to play with all week.  :)

I learned a lot too, “one should not judge folks by their posts on MLS !!!!”   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

I am grateful to the guys that made me so welcome and took the time to teach me about American culture and “ street sweepers” etc. Thanks guys I had a terrific time and lots of laughs.   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Look forward to seeing you all again next year.  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

Watch out for those Ninja's Phil...   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Happy steaming..

#56 ·
Thanks. On the Burlington Zephyer, did someone covert it to a live diesel, or what?

That was a Wada Works Zephyr made around 1996. He only made 10 of those that I know of. I brought it down so that Bob Pope and I could have some fun running diesels. Jerry Hyde also joined in with his F7 that he is currently producing.

Scott

#57 ·
Wada-san and I sat around the club house at Susuno a year last november and unpacked the latest version of the WLW Burlington Zephyr bodies, including the RPO car.

We closely examined each and every one of the four cars, and he pronounced himslef happy with the latest version.

No prices, but hey, if you have to ask......;)

tac
www.ovgrs.org   

#58 ·
Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9589845@N03/

The link above is to my Flickr Web Album with my Diamondhead 08 Photos.The Main set is mostly diesels(go figure), and the other set was taken with my beam splitter lens for stereoviews, for those who have an interest in that side of th photo hobby. You will need a viewing lens (lornette type)to see the 3d effect. Enjoy!

Scott
www.livedieselmodels.com

#61 ·
Viewers? We don't need no stinkin' viewers!

Don't cross your eyes, though. These are "straight" images. For me, the really great news is that my eyes are working for stereo viewing again; I had that surgery three years ago that gave me double vision and I couldn't fuse anything for a couple of years. Hoorah!

I used to have one of those Pentax splitters (is that the one you have?) but sold it because I never used it. The nice thing about them is that you get a stereo print from one frame, while the dedicated stereo cameras make you collate separate frames into a slide holder. I still have a Stereo Realist, a TDC Vivid (my fave) and a Nimslo with a macro attachment. Ah, memories.

Good pics, Scott. Thanks for sharing them!

#62 ·
I had to work at it to get my eyes into the 3D mode. It is a bit of an exercise to do it, but viewing them in 3D really makes details pop out. I saw things I didn't notice before.

When viewing the 3D photos on the web page, I got my eyes into the 'mode' and then just scrolled the images up and down so I could view the next one without having to work at it to get my eyes into the 'mode' again. Then I got to the first non-3D photo and I think my left eye nearly popped out of its socket trying to keep the single image in 3D. OUCH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.