G Scale Model Train Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Premium Member
63 Posts
:D How in the world did you get my picture at DH.  (Wensday pic # 42) I am over 10,000 miles from there/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif
Roland
P.S. Hey Bob Star havent seen any picks with you in it.
Some day maby I will be able to get to this show. Keep having fun gents./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

· Premium Member
34 Posts
Well, the Diamondhead swap tables have consumed another wallet!!
Luckily Bruce had a keen eye on the tables and before I knew it I was staring at a brand new Roundhouse Darjeeling, in blue./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif  It had my name on it so I couldn’t resist.  

http://www.johnsgardenrailway.info/images/webposts/2008/PICT2259.JPG

Turned out to be for sale by Stan Richmond who was also selling sets of brass rolling stock for this engine.  Guess who had to have a set of those as well?  Ouch.  PB&J Sandwiches for the next 4 months!!

http://www.johnsgardenrailway.info/images/webposts/2008/P1170014.JPG

Makes one good looking consist!!
Anyway, it was a great day and I got two runs of the new engine, even with all the people now at the event.
Also got to meet Dwight this evening.  Great people in this hobby.
Keep watching the two web sites for more pictures.
Live webcam:  http://www.johnsgardenrailway.info/Projects/webcam_gallery.htm
Daily picture uploads:  http://picasaweb.google.com/diamondheadsteamup
Almost forgot.  Just before hitting the sack I saw Cliff from Accucraft followed quickly by a K36 steamin by!

http://www.johnsgardenrailway.info/images/webposts/2008/Pict2300.JPG

http://www.johnsgardenrailway.info/images/webposts/2008/Pict2302.JPG

Check out Thursdays photo album for more images.  I will try and get some in the daylight tomorrow as well.

Images exceed 640 pixel max. width - converted to links. Mod.

· Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Me thinks the web cam need a speaker along side of it...

Then we at home can yell...

"DOWN IN FRONT!"

at the folk that are standing in front of it!  /Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif

· Premium Member
342 Posts
Sorry I could not make Diamondhead this year. I registered but I've been stuck in Alabama for three weeks with a family medical emergency. Hope to see everyone next year. Thanks for the pictures and keep them coming.
Pat Darby

· Premium Member
34 Posts
Well, it has finally come to an end.  Six great days of steamin’!  The webcam is packed away, the last of the pictures has been uploaded and I have 19 hours of driving to do starting at 5am./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif
I hope everyone who was interested enjoyed the photo coverage and also enjoyed the webcam.
I tried to get live video running from the webcam but the hotel had their wireless system locked down this year and I could not get past their firewall.  (Last year I had full control...) There is more than one way to skin a cat and I might try and setup my own network next year so I can bypass the hotel and get that live video feed working.  In 12 months we will see.
I did take some short video clips here and there.  Hopefully I will find time this coming week to post them.  I will follow up here when I do.  I did see the Accucraft Hudson run and it looked like a winner./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Good times and missed friends.  You may recognize the gentleman on the right from different G1MRA events and videos.  That's John Fuller.  Wait, that's my name!  Makes for some interesting conversations and registration fun.  So for the whole event I was known as John Fuller US and he was John Fuller UK.  The best Diamondhead yet!

Thanks for all the comments and e-mails.  Safe travels to all those attending.

· Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Thanks for posting all those pictures.  A great DH meet.  Lots of new stuff, K36, CF's, S2's et al.  Looking forward to next year.  Maybe the Cabin Fever bunch can join us in 2009.  I kind of enjoyed the extra track time we got this year.  The two CF's in attendance ran great as far as I could tell(Charles).  The K36 is a huge machine.  Hans had his Aster reps(from Japan) there Friday and Saturday running the S2's and taking orders and answering questions.  

http://picasaweb.google.com/diamondheadsteamup

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
DH 09 is projected as the finale for this international gathering?

John
CF- can perform as demonstrated via Alan's hour run, as well as DH 08 along with Dr. Rivet's meet.   There is a difference between a base line performance and retrofit/modifications that can improve a performance.  As with all things there is a difference between hind sight and foresight.    We all know the reality of any product and the best laid plans of mankind.  Similar to the development process of the CP Hudson with Dick Abbott; what it was and where it is now.

· Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Posted By Charles on 01/21/2008 5:28 PM
DH 09 is projected as the finale for this international gathering?

Charles, that was the rumor early on, however I believe Jerry said later he would host the meeting as long as he was able.  That is all I know.  Perhaps someone can email him and get clarifcation.

John

· Premium Member
369 Posts
"DH 09 is projected as the finale for this international gathering?"

Charles, too early to tell, but I don't think so.  I was told that Jerry has had an offer from one of the local steamers who will be retireing in less than two years to give him whatever help he needed, and/or take over operations if and when Jerry decides he has had enough of this fun.  Don't know how that will pan out, but gives great hope that Diamondhead will continue as long as the people want for it to happen.  And from what I heard this past week, nobody is near ready to call it quits.  Heck, by next year the hotel may have the new rooms open!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif

· Premium Member
229 Posts
I would just like to say thanks to everyone that made my trip the DH so enjoyable. It was another great week of playing trains, meeting and making friends.

Special thanks to Jerry Reshew, not only did he organise the whole event again, he lent me his brand new Garratt engine to play with all week.  :)

I learned a lot too, “one should not judge folks by their posts on MLS !!!!”   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

I am grateful to the guys that made me so welcome and took the time to teach me about American culture and “ street sweepers” etc. Thanks guys I had a terrific time and lots of laughs.   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Look forward to seeing you all again next year.  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

Watch out for those Ninja's Phil...   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Happy steaming..

· Premium Member
17 Posts
Rod,

Bob and I enjoyed setting our cultural relations back many decades!  Keep on "packing"!  Have a safe trip back to the UK, and don't forget to say hello to the Queen for us./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Bill Boyle
SA#767

· Lord of the Steam
658 Posts
Thanks. On the Burlington Zephyer, did someone covert it to a live diesel, or what?

That was a Wada Works Zephyr made around 1996. He only made 10 of those that I know of. I brought it down so that Bob Pope and I could have some fun running diesels. Jerry Hyde also joined in with his F7 that he is currently producing.

Scott

· Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Wada-san and I sat around the club house at Susuno a year last november and unpacked the latest version of the WLW Burlington Zephyr bodies, including the RPO car.

We closely examined each and every one of the four cars, and he pronounced himslef happy with the latest version.

No prices, but hey, if you have to ask......;)

tac
www.ovgrs.org   

· Lord of the Steam
658 Posts
Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

The link above is to my Flickr Web Album with my Diamondhead 08 Photos.The Main set is mostly diesels(go figure), and the other set was taken with my beam splitter lens for stereoviews, for those who have an interest in that side of th photo hobby. You will need a viewing lens (lornette type)to see the 3d effect. Enjoy!

Scott
www.livedieselmodels.com

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.