G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Hi Guys,

Will be in DH on Wednesday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing the "boys from the frozen north", our English friends, and Tom "Willi" Bowdler.

Especially waiting to see the NWP cab forward as I've "lurked" on the forum as it was built. I'll have my scratch/kit-bashed 2-8-0 (think Cuba) to run.

Safe trip to all.

Mike McCormack
Hudson, Massachusetts

· Registered
248 Posts
Dwight,

Sorry to hear that you will not have #21 at DH. Even before 9/11 I was getting too many questions as I would try to check my foam lined instrument case that had my loco in it. Decided that UPS is the only way I was going to ship locomotives to out of state steamups. The brown van hasen't let me down yet. I wrap the locos in tissue paper, then old bath towels, then bubble wrap. I use a new box and put a layer of shipping peanuts in, then the wrapped loco, and fill the balance with peanuts. If the loco can't move, it can't be damaged.

Looking forward to meeting you, with or without locomotive. There are too few people doing the kind of work you do.

Mike McCormack
Hudson, Massachusetts

· Registered
248 Posts
Just looking at John Fullers' web posted pictures and I have to say, and I can't help myself, the place looks GREAT! New carpet, fresh paint. I hope it survives a week of steam oil, coal ash, and spilled beverages. The nagging question is do they still have those truly gungy bar chairs that we sit in to watch the trains go by on the layout? I always felt like I needed a shower after a session in one of them.

I can't wait to get there and make my contibution to breaking in the place!

Mike McCormack
Hudson, Massachusetts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.