G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Diamondhead has a New Live Steam Club

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  scottemcdonald 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon All,Great News right Out of Diamondhead.Terry Smelser and 13 other Steamers have started a New Live Steam Club.Yes You herd right.The New Club is "The Bayou Live Steamers" I Don't have all the Names but here are a few: Jerry Reshew,Pat Darby,Richie Jacobs,Chris Sortina,Ferd Webber,John Hickson and Tom Flair..They Tell Me that Diamondhead is here to Stay.You will be seeing Many Many More Diamondheads
Well I say GREAT NEWS.And have a great Year Steaming with the New Club.
Terry Said that they would be posting Pictures of the Steamup Tonight......
All the Best with the new Club
Bob in Michigan
Thanks for Mr Webbers last Name:)

#2 ·
Bob,

I finally got my computer running and saw YOUR videos of your whistly thingy creations, they were wonderfull!! THey reminded me of my childhood dreams. I was too young to really know steam, except at Edaville & Roaring Camp. Those were the trains I rode as a kid. Anyways, as a kid I dreamed of growing up in the 40s, living outside of town, and running through the fields to visit the welcome the passing trains, whom called with their whistles. Bravo BOB!!!!! What a wonderful flash back to childhood.

Reading about this new DH club, I was wondering, were there any Hornby locomotives running last month? I might have to pack up and bring the Mallard down in Jan '09. Has the new date been set yet?

#6 ·
Bob,

Thank you for the point in the right direction. I just left a msg at Diamond Head for the mngr. I really hope there can be a 2nd accessible room there by Jan 14, 2009. Please cross your fingers steam folk. I wanna burn my fingers in MS some day!!

#8 ·
Thanks Richard.  Looks like you all are off to a great start.  Keep posting pictures and updating us on the clubs progress.  Good to see Jerry and Ferd there.  Tell Ferd I said hi and hope he is having a ball running his new engine. 

#11 ·
Posted By WeltyksWhistles on 02/20/2008 8:50 PM
picasaweb.google.com/weltyk/BayouFirstSteamup/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gifTerry Just sent these pictures here is the Link:DDan Terrys layout is in the Diamondhead area

Thanks for forwarding the information Bob.  That is a nice size layout Terry has.  These guys are going to have a ball.  Too bad Bill K. didn't know about this or I'm sure he would have shown up!

#13 ·
Thanks Bob for posting the pictures. I am on dial up and it is extremely slow. We are tentatively scheduling the next steam-up for Memorial Day since some members are government employees. Anyone who wants to come is more than welcome and can contact me at my email address onyx1955@aol.com or Chris or Richie. This was kind of spur of the moment and word of mouth so I am sorry for anyone that we missed. We had a good time running and look forward to getting together again.

Terry in Talisheek

#14 ·
Ok all you Bayou Live Steamers out there, here's the next steam up date.

Just got off the horn with Terry he says Monday May 26, for the next steam-up. His Internet is down right now some thing to do with all the rain getting the phone system wet.

So mark the calender put the dogs out tell the boss both of them your taking off. It will be fun!! See y'all then

Richard
turn the heat up the water is getting cold!!!

#15 ·
Thanks for the link to the pictures.  Always good to see the hobby grow in positive directions.  And especailly to see both Live Steam and Diesel being enjoyed at the same time!

Look forward to more pics, steam/rev-ups and reports!

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.