G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early registration ends on Monday! (A savings of $10.00) Who all is planning on meeting me down in Mississippi??? and what are you planning on bringing? (I'm just really hoping the don't loose my hotel reservations.)

Maybe someone will take a decent picture of me so I can loose the Winky Dink avatar

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I already paid so I can use the $10 on other stuff. As you I hope we don't lose our hotel reservations. Maybe I should bring a tent, sleeping bag, etc......... Or make other arrangments. Long Live 32mm

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Dan,
Are you VA Beach guys gonna have a convoy?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Our registration went off this week. We're planning on an S-12, Ruby and a Hornby LS Mallard w/rake of 8 detailed cars. Does anyone know if there will be Hornby LS power, or do we need to plan on thipping the heany electronics as well?

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Well seeing how he South East train show is now canceled now maybe I can make it to Diamond Head. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Dave,
Your Winky Dinkyt suits you just fine. Why change it. Have fun at DH. Wish I could go along but family health issues prevent this year.
Noel

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noel, dealing with health issues, self or family, is never any fun. I didn't get to diamondhead '08, but I did make it to the previous one ("'06-'07", first post Katrina). I had a great time at the steamup but was disappointed with the way the hotel handled the reservations (had to stay off site). This was ABSOLUTLEY NO FAULT of Jerry's. He puts on a GREAT show. To me, a great part of the attraction of Diamondhead is the ability to get up at any hour of the day or night and boil some water or watch something running around the track. Whether I take advantage of it or not, is yet to be seen. I plan on taking 45mm, 32mm and something pushed with a propeller to enable me to be flexable.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Posted By weaverc on 10/31/2008 1:19 PM

Dan,
Are you VA Beach guys gonna have a convoy?

Carl, there are four of us planning on driving straight thru in a conversion van pulling a small trailer (depending on how much stuff Dan brings, maybe a big trailer).
We're going to try and leave fairly early, but fairly early means different things to different folks, so, we'll see.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
You blokes are so lucky, im leaving for 3 days travel on the 8th.. change aircraft in NZ, 1 day in LA. 2 days on Amtrak, Coastliner NO -Diamonhead wish I could drive!

Gordon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts