G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All:

Been a very busy year for me with work and family. However, it's time for the annual Diamondhead Steamup and a vacation!!

I don't have the live camera this year. Figured I needed to spend more time relaxing. I will be posting images, probably daily, to the Diamondheadsteamup Google Images site. Hope you enjoy them.

From 2009-01-11-Sunday

http://picasaweb.google.com/diamondheadsteamup

John

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
John

Thanks for posting the numerous pictures. It is greatly apprciated by those of us who couldn't get there. I could hear the pooting of the engines in my head as I looked at your pictures.

Terl

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Thanks so much for the photos John
looks kinda like a rest home work release program.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Aw come on....those were great pictures! I never cease to be amazed at the diversity of all of the engines that can run on 45mm track! One question.....what was with the Sousaphone?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Well, it was a sad week for me - I had to stay home this year because of taking a new job. But it was great to see old faces and new locos. Thanks very much for posting them, John!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Steve,
The Sousaphone player is Gary White one of two (John Bigelow is the other) LOW brass players in the "Clack Valves and Cornets" steam band a yearly attraction at the Diamondhead steamup directed by Joe Hall.
I had a great time, missed Vance (though I saw his smiling face in Marc's Britain trip presentation) and was amazed as well at the variety of locomotives. My Sewage Works train (my first foray into 7/8 scale) was well received.
Have fun,
Tom

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Does anyone know the guy with the HD(Sony FX1) camera, I am really curious to see those videos somewhere, would be very cool.

this guy:

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Andrew,

I have a copy of his card somewhere. Give me a few days to unpack, unwind and return to earth. If I forget, send me a pm reminder please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts