G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Delton drovers caboose and one of the trucks istptally broken. The wheels supply power to the interior lighting. I am in need of a replacement and wondered if LGB or any other manufacturer's trucks might work. Has anybody had any success or experience in this area? BTW, this is my first post after joining the forum. Glad to find experienced modelers.

·
Super Modulator
21,789 Posts
Welcome. It might be difficult to find another exact match. Different trucks will place the caboose at different heights. If you could find a suitable pair of trucks that might be easier. Also, if you can keep away from the old style carbon brush pickups, it will have less drag, and can help stop stringlining.

greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Greg. I had planned on replacing both trucks to avoid the height difference. The one good truck has what looks to be bras or some yellow metal for pickups. I looked at some of my LGB trucks and the distance from the pivot point to the end of the coupler is longer on the caboose than on the LGB freight cars. I was hoping that Aristo might have the same dimensions, but I haven't found anything in that line just yet.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
For power pickups there are axel sets that have ball bearings and power pickups. Trainli TL30-67201 solid,TL30-67321 spoked, LGB 67403 solid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts