G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I have installed a RailPro system in my Aristo U25b, and my Bachmann Spectrum C19.

I am considering adding a LM-3S-G module to my Delton C16, I haven't taken it apart yet but the Locomotive shell looks small.
Has anyone done this upgrade, and if so willing to share some tips tricks, and oh maybe a wiring diagram.
Thank you in advance,
Aflyer

·
Premium Member
6,011 Posts
I don't know about the LM-3S module, but years ago I squeezed a complete Aristo on-board Train Engineer plus the accessory board, plus a relay board (the accessory board relays were too low rated,) in to the boiler. It was an older Aristo version, and I believe there was a big round cast lump of weight in the boiler, which I replaced with some smaller lead weights in the bottom under all this pile of electronics. The batteries went in the tender, along with a sound card from a slopeback tender. The rig is still there and still works, though I had to replace the batteries a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the LM-3S module, but years ago I squeezed a complete Aristo on-board Train Engineer plus the accessory board, plus a relay board (the accessory board relays were too low rated,) in to the boiler. It was an older Aristo version, and I believe there was a big round cast lump of weight in the boiler, which I replaced with some smaller lead weights in the bottom under all this pile of electronics. The batteries went in the tender, along with a sound card from a slopeback tender. The rig is still there and still works, though I had to replace the batteries a couple of years ago.

View attachment 60799
Pete,
Hi and thank you for the response. You certainly found a way to stuff lots of electronics in that Locomotive, nice job.
Since I posted last night I opened up the Loco and I am pretty sure the LM-3S-g module will fit.
You are correct there is a large cast lump in the bottom of the boiler tube, it fills about 1/2 of the shell.
I am still hoping to find someone who has a wiring diagram to guide me through a successful install.
A wiring diagram for the Delton C-16 would be all I really need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts