G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was originally going to ask how I could manage the photos in my web space. I previously used FTP but I have forgotten how to do it.

As I was writing a post I thought of trying the Insert Image icon and discovered at the top it is possible to preview photos and select any that I wished to delete.

I have plenty of web space available but time has gone by and I had forgotten what many of the images were. Some I wanted to keep to support archived topics but others are no longer relevant to anything.

This is a nice feature I really like.

Jerry

·
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jerry,

I understand and I agree with your point (especially to support archived topics). In this case what I was deleting were photos of items I had uploaded that had nothing to do with trains or MLS.

The problem is that without the ability to see what is there it becomes hard to tell what is worth keeping and what is not.

I could be wrong but I would guess that the "stuff" we fill our web space with may have some effect on the speed, efficiency and cost effectiveness of MLS. Even if we pay for it, why waste it with stuff that is no longer needed?

Regards,

Jerry

·
Premium Member
6,689 Posts
Jerry (M)

I did a re-organize of my MLS space once, using MS Windows Explorer. You can scroll down the 'address' box at the top to 'My Network Places' and use FTP to get to your MLS space. Once you are in, the standard stuff applies - thumbnails, drag-and-drop, delete, etc. However, it can be very slow, so make sure you have plenty of time and wait for each operation to finish before you rush into the next one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.