G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before we had a delete option, a small trash can.  I know we have the edit, but it doesn't allow the complete delete of a post.

Becky

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
How do we delete a post? In the past there was a trash can that allowed us (within a time limit) to get rid of a posting. I did a practice one thinking that I could get rid of it once the query was satisfied. More recently I posted a comment and accidently submitted twice and could not delete the unnecessary posting (taking up space on MLS).

·
Registered
183 Posts
The absence of a delete is readily apparent and very annoying.

I suppose the only way to do a delete is say, DON'T READ THIS.

Mark

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
What's more, I tried to edit a post last night and instead got a quoted reply (but with my change intact). So, now there are TWO posts, one of which should obviously be deleted.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts

What's more, I tried to edit a post last night and instead got a quoted reply (but with my change intact). So, now there are TWO posts, one of which should obviously be deleted.
I hunted it down and fixed it, and I also deleted the uncorrected post.

http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/view/topic/forumid/8/postid/4056/Default.aspx

I suspect you accidentally hit the "Quote" button instead of the "Edit" button.

For the time being, if anyone needs something deleted or fixed, send one of the moderators or me an email or PM and we'll take care of it for you.  Please include a link to the thread, and be specific about what you wish done.  :)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Thanks, Dwight. I think you're right - I probably clicked on the quote icon when I was trying to hit the edit link. And I just had an eye exam last week....

·
Super Modulator
21,008 Posts
I vote for the ability to delete your own post, if you do it within a short time. I've already double posted, when the system was very slow, and it did not seem I hit the submit button.

Regards, Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts