G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some decorative crossbucks--not to scale, but not life size either. Maybe 9-12 inches long. Del Taparo makes a nice kit but my wife has already declared it too big. I found this site:

http://www.modelrailroadsupply.com/item.asp?id=8&desc=model-railroad-crossbuck-signs

Which is the right size but made of thin plastic and I have my doubt about how it would hold up. I'd like to mount a sign big enough to get kids' attention and durable enough to not be stepped on or knocked over. 2-3 feet high.

Any suggestions

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
There used to be grandscale signals, but their web site is gone.

Try 1-866-315-4777

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Posted By lownote on 05/06/2008 8:19 PM
I'm looking for some decorative crossbucks--not to scale, but not life size either. Maybe 9-12 inches long. Del Taparo makes a nice kit but my wife has already declared it too big.

Lownote - I can make crossbuck lettering for you any size you want. e-mail me with some dimensions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Del,

Great idea to offer vinyl transfers for model railroaders. I took a look at your site, and it appear you use an adhesive that will hold up over time. I see you recommend a minimum letter size around 3/16", but I did not see a maximum image size. I know they start around 8" and go up, so it might be helpful to give people the upper limit of your vinyl cutter for something like a building sign.

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Posted By VillageRail on 05/07/2008 11:42 AM
Hey Del,
Great idea to offer vinyl transfers for model railroaders. I took a look at your site, and it appear you use an adhesive that will hold up over time. I see you recommend a minimum letter size around 3/16", but I did not see a maximum image size. I know they start around 8" and go up, so it might be helpful to give people the upper limit of your vinyl cutter for something like a building sign.
Paul

Really no limits for this scale: 13" X 39" in one piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts