G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised that there are no businesses out there that can make decals. I would pay good money to be able to send a word document with all the lettering and logos on it and have a company print it in decal form and mail it to me. I am beginning the process of adding decals on my trains and having no luck whats so ever. Does anyone know if there are printing companies that can do this for me? It seems to be a large issue with many model makers.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Did you check with Stan or Del? Both MLS members, and both do exactly what you ask for. Stan does water slide and Del does vinyl.

Stan

Del

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I've used Stan's stuff, and am a happy customer. His pricing might sound a bit steep at the outset, but he MORE THAN makes up for it by making sure you get EXACTLY what you want in a timely (and very friendly) manner..

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I did this with Stan's decals, I can vouch for the quality of his work!!! I won 1st place for this engine at this years FEC convention, and these are modelers and railfans that know the prototype like the back of their hand.

Note the stripes were faded thru weathering, not Stan's printing!

Got to say I love the new 1st class photo poster--smooth as a baby's bottom.

Matt

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Navy Tech

I don't know if you want diesel or steam decals, however Microscale has data decals for diesel locos (1950 - 1980's) all kinds of "goodies" The item
number is29-1 as in 1/29 scale you get two sheets, and you can order on-line directly from them, I just got a set a short while ago

Noel Thomas
aka audi84

1 - 8 of 8 Posts