G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Whom It May Concern - Are there any folks in this group that model the Rio Grande narrow gauge in "finescale" 1/2"? I would certainly like to communicate with anyone that might be persuing this avenue. I would not be oposed to someone modeling in 1/2" scale but using 45mm track. I'm not really new to the scale, but I am pursuing it actively now.

Thanks - Ken

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brian et. al. - 1:24 finescale modeling may have gone "out of vogue", as you say, but the models and parts available are much more prolific then you apparently realize. Certainly not trying to be argumentative here in any way but I wouldn't go so far as to say the finescale modelers work in 1:20.3 almost exclusively. Of course, "almost" is the operative word in your assertion.

I do know a number of 1/2" scale modelers, and I was just trying to see if I could shake any more out of the "My Large Scale" bushes.

If anyone out there has an "out of vogue" Sunset 1/2" scale C-16 they would like to part with, please let me know.

Thanks - Ken

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Tony - I do have a list that has been put together by Light Rail Associates and with their approval I would be glad to share that with you. Things are being added to that list quite regularly, and if you can wait for a few short weeks, there should be some very interesting D&RGW items to add to that it.

You have very fine 1/2" narrow guage modelers on your side of the world. - Ken

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
K

The model at Caboose Hobbies is a C-16 that was done by Sunset. That is what I am looking for but the price they are asking is why out of line IMO. I would not give that much for a model that will need to be regauged to finescale 1 1/2" gauge and the tender is totally incorrect for the 268. Both operations can be a bit pricey. And overall, the model looks very rough.

But thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate it.

K2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts