G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some doubleheader fun with 2 N&W Mallets numbers 2017 and 2023 with some added custom made detailed goodies....
anyway enjoy....more to come later. :D" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>

And Side by Side before the run....

And then Basking in the sun....sorta... :D" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>

I had the number plates CNC Machined and powdercoated along with 2017's drivers Except for the flanges and wheel treads of course...I will try to get a better side shot of it so that you can see them and the silvered rods. And I also have a Bachmann WSL 0-4-0T that had a custom plate made for it too...I will post pics of it as well here shortly.
I hope this is ok to post this here in this forum as I guess it fell into the kitbash....ish section.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Shawn,
Those are great photos. What is the clearance on that signal bridge? Looks like a tight squeeze.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,
Thanks and yes It's a tight squeeze...I doubt that piggy-back flats will clear.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Shawn,

Great shots! Did you also paint the smokebox of 2017?

Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys, and yes Mark I did paint 2017's smokebox.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Putting out some nice smoke! Thanks for sharing with pics :) Great job on the number plates. Do you own your own CNC machine or did you have the job contracted out?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim,
I worked at a small machine and tool shop before I destroyed my back and my old boss let's me come by from time to time to do small projects and most times he sees details and goes....ya know we can make a better one of those here....which is most times followed by...do the math and get started or give me a few days and I'll knock it out for you...he's quite taken by the G Scale trains when I bring them by the shop and gets a kick out of doing what he calls fun projects.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts