G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well with the rain we have had I started on the trestle, cedar,
I need to pour cement footings under them because this is a high wind area.

Here you can see my helper Max and the location of this bridge

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Marty,
Let me be the first to say that your trestle is looking great. I especially like the stone work along the approaches.
Do you think the line will be finished by the 26th?
JimC.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Very nice, Senor!!

·
Premium Member
Getting our home built so maybe we can start playing with trains again!
263 Posts
Wow Marty! You just don't stop! Hehehe even with a week to go before the Battery steam-up you're still at it. Very nice work too. Inspiring. (now all I need is the means.....To follow your example that is /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif )

BTW I like your approach to bringing tje ground to the trestle instead of the trestle from the ground to the track. May not be "correct" in some schools of thought but it sure makes life easier./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Marty,

Looks like the beginning of another spectacular creation. With your penchant for building the truly spectacular I'll bet you wouldn't even know how to build a simple culvert. ;) hehe!

That's going to be another great photo location. No doubt about that. Marvelous!

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Very nice indeed! Are you going to stain it or just let it weather naturally?

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Great looking trestle! Are you going to have water running where the bridge is? Or is it just a wash out that gets water only when it rains?

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used my new pin nailer and love it.

Bubba brought his K-38 over and what a pain. its scale flanges jump the track with any little thing.
we forgot to turn the lights and smoker on because we was fighting the loco so much.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Gonna be some sweet pics taken this Fall going over that trestle :) What pinner did you get? I got the Grex 23 gauge and really am happy with it.

P.S. K-38? Was that a typo or who makes that?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts