G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New guy here, but, longtime modeler (Since 1975!), but, not exactly a G-Scaler. I am mainly an N-Scaler who does 1/35 Military AFVs and other armor along with 1/25 vehicles. I am a scratchbuilder, too. Fun stuff.
I'm also here because I totally believe in crossover modeling. I think modelers of different scales and genres and subjects can all learn from each other. I know a lot of Armor builders who really need to hang out with some Railroaders to learn scenery and railroaders who could learn some scratchbuilding and super-detailing from the armor guys. There's so much technique and tricks to learn and share.
So, I'm normally at http://www.kitmaker.net/ surfing either the Armorama site or the AutoModeler section, but, I think I have quite a bit to eke out here.
Outside of modeling I am a stay-at-home dad and husband and for the last 20 summers or so, I've worked and played at the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Bristol, Wisconsin. I do, however, make a weekend or three happen out at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL.

So, anyway, hey there and hope to see you out in the Forums.
Cuhail

·
Registered
401 Posts
Cuhail, welcome to MLS! I am in aggreeance that modellers of all scales can learn from each other. The O-scale guys in Nashville have been helping me alot with G-scale. It's like I always say... It's all trains. I am also in N scale. I hope you enjoy MLS ^^

-Will

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Pleased to meet you Cuhail!

I'm not much of a modeler. I just play with trains

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, in all honesty, I find that modelers are some of the most friendly people in the world, and you are a modeler whether you build them or collect them. I feel modeling is the interest in smaller representatives of a 1:1 world. Whether that be trains, planes, cars, boats or human/animal figures. There are folks out there specifically modeling each of those things. However, Model Railroaders tend to add ALL those things to their layouts and you (collectively) Large Scalers tend to have to model the details simply because with a larger scale, it's more noticeable when they're missing.
Now as the friendliest hobbyists in the world, we are all very eager to share the techniques we use in our modeling, whether that be scratchbuilding a dynamic brake system to making our trees and shrubs look better to wiring a sound system into a loco. We all find a peace in the process, an excitement in successfully representing a subject and an urge to say "This is how I did it". I'm here to try and glean some techniques from you all and pass on anything I've learned through the years that may benefit you, here, at MLS.

Thank you for the welcome.
I'm getting back to reading,

Cuhail

1 - 4 of 4 Posts