G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to announce that Westminster Locomotive Works LLC, will be returning the Cricket MKII Live Steam Motor to limited production beginning January 2009.

Thanks to in the all the small scale live steam community for your support. Please visit us at http://www.cricketlivesteammotor.com/ for more info.

Gratefully,

Mike Krionderis
WLW

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Mike,

We ran green #4 and red #26 yesterday. #26 (new) is breaking in nicely and both are charmers. Hard to pick between them for good looks. I am not sure what I did to deserve this, but I need to do it again.

Many thanks and best regards, Mike Simpson

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again Mike,

Glad to hear all is well, enjoy your Crickets! Your support has been tremendous. Hope Bob Pope is not too jealous about the conversion kit!

Thanks again,

Mike K

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Mike (Krionderis and Simpson)

The factory 'coal' coversion kit for my Cricket Mk II #9 is better than Simpson's 'wood burning' conversion kit.

I took the Cricket to Diamondhead and it continues to run like a champ.

Regards,
Bob

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Did someone say coal conversion kit? lol

After seeing this thing pull 8 accucraft coal cars(shorts), 6 LGB grizzly flats gondola's and 2 LGB mini wine kegs, pretty impressive. The charm of the cricket definitely grew on me.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I told Mike I wanted a coal-fired Cricket. So he included some coal and a shovel with my gas-fired model. Mike Simpson got a wood-fired version with miniature logs.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Howard, I am starting on your boiler next week.

Best,

Mike K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts