G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a small 7/8n2 crew car I made for the winter car swap done by the 7/8's groups. The frame is from a Bachmann V tip car. The top is built from cedar and craft sticks. The roof is tread tape. It will make a few stops before being shipped out to it new owner at the end of the month.

First stop for the crew car was DC's Union Station for it's 100th anniversary celebration. A lot of big motive power (a GG-1 and E and F units) and historic passenger cars were brought in for display. I took a bunch a pics which I need to sort and edit. I post a link to them later. The club set up a display along with other train related and model groups. I ran a 7/8's consist on one of the loops -

-Brian

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Brian,

Had a chuckle when I first saw the pop rivets. "Saay Whaat?" Then I went to the rest of the pixes.

What prompts this post are the axle boxes. They look scratchbuilt. They may be just the ticket for my SL, except I've never seen that kind before. Should it be thought of as 'freelanced' or is there a prototype?

And, that's a very nice job. Just the sort of stuff I want to build, eventually.

Les

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Les,

The axle boxes are pretty typical of skip framed cars. They are part of the frame (all metal) of the Bachmann cars. Ozark Miniatures sells similar ones separately.
There are even prototype crew cars -

-Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts