G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather in Kansas has been crazy this year. We sure haven't seen much global warming. This winter has been much colder overall than usual.

However, this week, the weather outdid its self.......

Friday: [/b] All time high temperature in Wichita... 69F.

Saturday: 28F and several hours of snowing [only 1 in. managed to not melt off].

Sunday weather: 47F and sunny. Think I'll go run the new DRGW heavyweights that Santa brought.

Saturday's snow demanded that the RR be plowed.......[/b]

LGB Mikado Plowing by the Cimmaron Trail Horse Ranch... [All the stock is safely in the barn.]

Passing the Ozark mountain village, approaching the "Dead Man's Drop" trestle. Shortly after this picture was taken, the Mikado threw a traction tire, bringing operations to a sudden halt [tire caught on tie... immediately stopping train].

JimC.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Jim, I can agree with that, I just got the 5 in of ice off my layout yesterday when we got rain and 60 degrees! Today its 32 degrees, just warm enough to run a couple of times though

tom h

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
aaaaaahhhhhhh 65 degrees. I was out playing in the mud working on my layout. Sunny skies. The mud comes from the rain we sent you so you could have some snow to plow.

Note to self Need to put in outdoor shower for muddy days like this.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Even in the great northern snow bank we got some mild but extremely windy weather. Today was just warm enough to melt yesterdays freezing rain. I hope this short mild spell isn’t the January thaw come early.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
It was in the 50's and raining hard Saturday. Flooded the highway just south of my place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts