G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'd never be so naive as to say my layout is completely finished (none ever is), I would like to announce that I've reached a major milestone. I started this layout in spring 2007 and have been working on it diligently ever since. I still want to add one final spur to the refinery, and there may be some minor tweaking and additions in years to come, but I'm happy to announce that the first major building phase of the Crane River Railroad is completed and trains are running on a regular basis. I've spent most of the spring and summer (in between torential rain storms and 90+ degree heat index days) working on it. On July 19, Carol and I hosted our local club meeting (River City Railroaders), and I used this as motivation to finish all the major track, landscaping, and building work. Rather than post photos here, or revising my old thread, I'll send you to my newly revised web site. There I have photos of the layout, close-ups, movie clips, and pictures of guests and running days. I've also included a history of my interest in the hobby and the evolution of my layout.

The website address is - http://www.snr.unl.edu/harvey/railroad.htm

I hope you enjoy the site and the photos. I know I'm certainly enjoying my new layout this year. What a great hobby! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Ed

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
RE: Crane River Railroad Update & Website

Ed, nice job on your layout and web site enjoyed very much.

Henson

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Very well done Ed, you truely do bring a smile to us old farts.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

Ed, Great looking railroad and a wounderful web site. I also enjoyed the pictures very much. So nice to be able to now enjoy it and run trains. Happy Railroading!!

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts

Hmm. Doesn't seem to be working this morning. I'm replying so your thread will come up next time so I can peek:D

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts

I was not able to get there last night, either. I suggest you post some pictures here on this thread.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what the problem is for those who can't view the website. I've checked it today on three separate computer systems and the all got to it OK. Perhaps the server was down for repairs, or updating, or something this morning. I would have posted photos here, but my MLS webspace isn't working properly. I'll try again later this week.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts